Bruce, please check your message box!

Re: Feedback - Photobackpacker Cascade Film Holder Cases

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Bruce, please check your message box!
    Done and done.

Bruce
    Bruce

Bruce...thank you! I'll look forward to receiving those D-ring strips!

Oh...and I do have another suggestion specific to your Cascade cases - that you modify the "inner strap-handles" (the handle that gets exposed when you flip the protective covering around to expose the film holder chambers) - by installing these as two pieces, and then equipping them with Fastex-style quick-release fasteners to allow them to be re-fastened back into a "handle" configuration, which would allow the unfolded Cascade case to be clipped to a tripod (just below the head) after a camera is already mounted.

While I do sometimes hang a Cascade case from my tripod by using an accessory shoulder strap - I more often find that the logistics are better if I hang the Cascade case over the tripod head (to where it joins the tripod) by its "inner handle," prior to mounting my camera. But what would work better is if I could mount the camera first (and perhaps do a few preliminary adjustments to composition, focus, etc.), and then hang the Cascade case over the tripod head - which the presence of an already-mounted camera makes impossible, unless I remove it once more.

If that inner handle could be equipped with the quick-release as I've suggested, this would make it a simple matter to unfold the Cascade case, then clip that handle around the tripod head where it joins the tripod, with the camera already in place. Make sense?

At any rate...I'm thinking that I might go ahead and enlist my wife (whose seamstress skills are flawless!) to do this modification to one of my Cascade cases, at which point I'll report back some results.

Bruce...thank you! I'll look forward to receiving those D-ring strips!

Oh...and I do have another suggestion specific to your Cascade cases - that you modify the "inner strap-handles" (the handle that gets exposed when you flip the protective covering around to expose the film holder chambers) - by installing these as two pieces, and then equipping them with Fastex-style quick-release fasteners to allow them to be re-fastened back into a "handle" configuration, which would allow the unfolded Cascade case to be clipped to a tripod (just below the head) after a camera is already mounted.

While I do sometimes hang a Cascade case from my tripod by using an accessory shoulder strap - I more often find that the logistics are better if I hang the Cascade case over the tripod head (to where it joins the tripod) by its "inner handle," prior to mounting my camera. But what would work better is if I could mount the camera first (and perhaps do a few preliminary adjustments to composition, focus, etc.), and then hang the Cascade case over the tripod head - which the presence of an already-mounted camera makes impossible, unless I remove it once more.

If that inner handle could be equipped with the quick-release as I've suggested, this would make it a simple matter to unfold the Cascade case, then clip that handle around the tripod head where it joins the tripod, with the camera already in place. Make sense?

At any rate...I'm thinking that I might go ahead and enlist my wife (whose seamstress skills are flawless!) to do this modification to one of my Cascade cases, at which point I'll report back some results.
    Hi John:

I understand what you are describing. I would suggest an alternative solution. A simple 1" web strap around 6 to 8 inches in length with bayonet male and female fasteners. This would allow you to attach the FHC to the tripod without interrupting the integrity of the FHC internal web handles. It could reside on the tripod or on the handle of the FHC. Thoughts?

Bruce
    Bruce

Bruce...I think your suggestion of a separate strap makes good sense - also guessing that if I did go ahead and modify the inner handle with a buckle that it might interfere with the integrity of the upper part of the FHC over time and/or with its folding dynamics.

Furthermore, such a (separate) strap would also give me the option of attaching the FHC to a tripod in either a closed or opened configuration.

Now for the real challenge...sneaking this into the queue of my wife's many sewing projects!

Bruce...I think your suggestion of a separate strap makes good sense - also guessing that if I did go ahead and modify the inner handle with a buckle that it might interfere with the integrity of the upper part of the FHC over time and/or with its folding dynamics.

Furthermore, such a (separate) strap would also give me the option of attaching the FHC to a tripod in either a closed or opened configuration.

Now for the real challenge...sneaking this into the queue of my wife's many sewing projects!
    "Honey - Do's" go both directions.
    Bruce