Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polaroid 8x10 processor question

Re: Polaroid 8x10 processor question

So an update and a question. I spoke to someone who had been on one of my workshops who had mentioned 3D printing in conversation. I asked if he knew anyone in the 3D community who could model from the broken parts. He very kindly offered to do the design and print himself. He has come up with an improved stronger design. Still in the tweaking stage and he has asked a question which I hope one of you can help with. What is the size of the gap between the rollers if any? I guess a way to measure it would be can one or more pieces of regular printer paper (80gsm/21 bond) be pushed between the rollers? Photos of the work in progress.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dp.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	242549

No idea on measurements but a sheet of film won't go through the rollers unless the gears are engaged to pull it through. so kinda snug/tight
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    No idea on measurements but a sheet of film won't go through the rollers unless the gears are engaged to pull it through. so kinda snug/tight
    Thanks for your input again Fred. The guys working on seem to have got the test pieces working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MadJake View Post
    Thanks for your input again Fred. The guys working on seem to have got the test pieces working fine.
    Hi! Have the same issue with broken roller mount. Did your friends produce a working design that one might be able to get access to?

Quote Originally Posted by wills View Post
    Hi! Have the same issue with broken roller mount. Did your friends produce a working design that one might be able to get access to?
    Can you DM me with photos of exactly the parts you need, I might be able to help. I don't have all parts, only some.