Thread: Hello from Arkansas!

Hello from Arkansas!

I'm Dotz0cat. Usually I'm called dotz. I would currently describe myself as a nuggeteer. This is because I like to take pictures on digital nuggets. Digital nuggets are small early digital cameras from the 2000s. I call them nuggets because they are weird, idiotic, cheap, and/or plasticky. They can be fun to use sometimes.

I currently don't do much analog. Though I am always working on building up my collection. Of the analog stuff I have, it is mostly 35mm. I currently have a voigtlander vitessa T, and a potentially cooked minolta maxxum 8000i.

I don't have anything large format yet. Though I hope to change that sooner or later. My step-dad has (or will have) a garage full of wood working tools. Because of that I am currently in the process of drawing up some plans for a diy 4x5. I'll post my current plans in the diy forums later.

So a little more about myself, I am currently a college student. I am a computer science major, in my 3rd(ish) year. I go to what I call a big state college. I haven't really met any other photographer there yet, but I haven't looked either. I only transferred to the college last semester.

Glad to be here!

Re: Hello from Arkansas!

Excellent, another native Arkansan here (from the southwestern corner of the state) though I’m currently in East Tennessee. I think you’ll find a lot of diverse approaches to photography here on the forum.

Welcome!

I am old and in the way
    Tin Can

Arkansas isn’t too far away and we go visit relatives there once in a while. I’ve had a few digital nuggets in the past, but now I just use this iPad.

I once built a 4x5 pinhole camera that was basically just a walnut box. Had some fun with it and got a few very nice images out of it. Good luck on your project.

Tm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ...Dilettante! Who you calling a Dilettante?

Another native Arkansan here. Grew up in Jacksonville, retired in Marietta Ga. now. Have fun! Those digital nuggets can be fun to do infrared shots as the IR blocking on the sensor is often very minimal.