Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebony SV45TE and Linhof Reflex viewer Modification

Re: Ebony SV45TE and Linhof Reflex viewer Modification

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    Well, that was certainly a helpful addition to the dialogue! Pretty usual for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    this is a great idea, would the entire finder fit inside the frame and so stay rigid in a studio setting? Maybe add some velvet to the cover to keep it light tight?

Does this solution work in landscape and portrait? Nice seeing your camera, I just bought a 47mm for mine now i hope i can use it on my camera...

Regards, ronan
    The finder fits inside the opening and is sturdy enough to stay in place. Placing it entirely inside the bellows would be of no advantage. I use it as a temporary solution and not a permanent viewer. The Ebony is not my studio camera, but my landscape and travel 4x5. The finder being of a square foundation can be turned just as it can be inside it's original base.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian David View Post
    I have seen these ones, and I think Badger Graphic sells the same or similar:

https://www.etonephoto.com/en-au/pro...89%AF%E6%9C%AC
    IMO, this would not be a good choice if the camera back has to be physically changed to use the enclosed hardware. If the hardware was to change the back to a Linhof custom back, I might go for it because I own a MT 3000 and enjoy all its back accessories, but the hardware enclosed does not look like a Linhof hardware setup.

In the past, the Cambo viewfinders were customized to fit the Ebony back, not the other way around, I sent mine to Ebony for modification. Even though Ebony shut its doors in 2016 when Hiromi Sakanashi retired, someone was modifying them, but maybe not anymore. I sold the one I had because I prefer a smaller solution when traveling. My favorite viewer is a Linhof bellows viewer with a monocular. It is completely dark, has a removable loupe, is lightweight, and fits into the front pocket of my pack that is not used for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    The finder fits inside the opening and is sturdy enough to stay in place. Placing it entirely inside the bellows would be of no advantage. I use it as a temporary solution and not a permanent viewer. The Ebony is not my studio camera, but my landscape and travel 4x5. The finder being of a square foundation can be turned just as it can be inside it's original base.
    Perfect. Thank you for all that. I think Im gonna try source both of these. The carbon fibre viewer seems a bit over priced but seems like the only place selling such an item.

Yes, the Cambo viewer rotates a full 360 degrees. See picture with the camera back in vertical position. Cambo viewers used to be common on Ebay. I’ve seen Chinese knockoffs in the same design so you might widen your search criteria. I don’t know anything about Horseman viewers.
    Thank you Keith, if i could find a cambo one that seems like a good solution. Those ones on ebay probably aren't amazing quality. I think Ill probably try to make a holder and then fasten some better quality viewer to it. My back will thank you!

Photographer

Found this accidentally on Ebay tonight: https://www.ebay.com/itm/25555178144...Bk9SR97ypv6xYg

I don’t know anything about it, so do your own due dilligence.
    Keith Pitman

Found this accidentally on Ebay tonight: https://www.ebay.com/itm/25555178144...Bk9SR97ypv6xYg

I don’t know anything about it, so do your own due dilligence.
    I'd place an order without performing any due dilligence if the seller offered one for a 5x7 Ebony camera.

Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    I'd place an order without performing any due dilligence if the seller offered one for a 5x7 Ebony camera.
    Unfortunately they probably don’t offer in 5x7. Currently my favorite format, at least until I run out of film in a couple of years.
    Keith Pitman