For anyone interested, I recently re-customized my Bogen 3025 head with a second lever control, for the side tilt. The head--light, compact, and very solid--originally came (used) with three of the star knobs, which I found very uncomfortable to use. I bought some plasti-dip and coated them three or four times, which helped, but after seeing a very similar 3028 listed on the auction site, I ordered a lever for the front tilt--big improvement. I finally replaced the side-tilt knob, which makes adjusting the head much easier for me while retaining its compactness fairly well.

Such levers are, I believe, available from sources such as Grainger or McMaster-Carr. I ordered my latest one from Spartan Photo. https://bogentripodparts.com/3028-3.html

For those not familiar, these handles are easily adjustable to any position around their turning circle without loosing the head lock, simply by pulling the handle outwards a bit, disengaging geared surfaces. shown here on a Bogen 3221 (black version of 3021), with a larger QR plate. I have inserts mounted on both my 4x5 and 645.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3025.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	240467