Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinar F2 Lens Boards

Re: Sinar F2 Lens Boards

If you can find them, Bromwell (no longer in business) made well machined lens boards for Sinar. 20 years ago they were often cheaper than used lens boards and worked fine. If you can find any of his recessed lens boards they are awesome. I like them more than the Sinar factory ones. They are a square recess instead of a round one. It allows for easier access to the Copal 0 shutter controls.

-Joshua

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sinar.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	240384

Name:	Bromwell.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	240385

Name:	Both.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	240386

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Dunn View Post
    If you can find them, Bromwell (no longer in business) made well machined lens boards for Sinar. 20 years ago they were often cheaper than used lens boards and worked fine. If you can find any of his recessed lens boards they are awesome. I like them more than the Sinar factory ones. They are a square recess instead of a round one.
    A side note here for LF and ULF Chamonix owners whose cameras take "Sinar style" kens boards... Beware of some generic (ripoff?) Sinar recessed lens boards that have a square recess. They will work on a Sinar Norma and a X, but not on a Chamonix.

Greg is correct. I am a Sinar shooter so this isn't a problem for me but for other manufacturers can have this issue. Unrelated to Greg's post I did find a recessed Sinar board on Shopify that had a larger opening and deeper recess than the Bromwell one I posted. I decided to try it. It is a tight fit compared to a factory board but does offer a lot more room for you to reach the shutter.

-Joshua

Name:	PXL_20230812_204742820.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	241502

Name:	PXL_20230812_205529768.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	241503