Thread: Linhof Technika IV Bellow Replacement

Linhof Technika IV Bellow Replacement

Hi everyone!

I need to replace the bellows of my Linhof Technika IV. I'm in NYC - Nippon quoted me $1,000 and a 5 week turnaround. LaFlex also has a lengthy turnaround. I really don't want to be without my camera for that long. I'm thinking about trying to do it myself but was looking for some advice.

1) Where does everyone get good quality bellows? I don't want cheap bellows, will happily pay for quality.
    2) What's everyone's experience like doing this? I've watched the generous time lapse video on YouTube on it. It seems annoying but straight forward enough and I'm reasonably intelligent and capable. Will particular screwdrivers make this any easier? Any advice is sincerely welcomed.

Thank you!!
    -Kellyann

Re: Linhof Technika IV Bellow Replacement

Hello Kellyann,

You can order bellows directly from Linhof.

Good luck with your project.
    You should be fine if you take your time.

Serge

Quote Originally Posted by callmepeaches View Post
    Hi everyone!

I need to replace the bellows of my Linhof Technika IV. I'm in NYC - Nippon quoted me $1,000 and a 5 week turnaround. LaFlex also has a lengthy turnaround. I really don't want to be without my camera for that long. I'm thinking about trying to do it myself but was looking for some advice.

1) Where does everyone get good quality bellows? I don't want cheap bellows, will happily pay for quality.
    2) What's everyone's experience like doing this? I've watched the generous time lapse video on YouTube on it. It seems annoying but straight forward enough and I'm reasonably intelligent and capable. Will particular screwdrivers make this any easier? Any advice is sincerely welcomed.

Thank you!!
    -Kellyann

Serge, I'm so grateful for this information. I reached out to them. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by callmepeaches View Post
    Hi everyone!

Thank you!!
    -Kellyann
    Interesting that Nippon charges a lot more than LAFLEX. Maybe they buy their bellows from Omega/Brandess or B&H while Austin gets his directly from Linhof. Austin replaced the bellows on my Master Technika 3000 and did a general CLA. Forget what the turn around was then. It was longish but also this was right after he moved to his current location.

David

Philipp Thome just posted a tutorial for the Bellows Replacement on a MT on facebook...
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Linhof

Custom Bellows UK is reportedly the company Linhof uses to make their bellows.

I've used Custom Bellows in the UK to replace both my Technika and Technikardan bellows.

They apparently make the bellows for Linhof, so quality is not in question.

There are a number of videos on you tube showing how to replace the bellows.....it's very easy.

Mike

I replaced the bellows of my Linhof Color (basically a Tech IV on a monorail), ordered the bellows through eBay, ecbuyonline, a owner named Rudy (this is al I recall right now, do a search on the forum to get the details right, more people have ordered from him, and were also happy. Should have instructions how to replace, the bellows are still going strong after 10+ years..

good luck,

Cor

Austin did a CLA on my 2 x 3 Technika and replaced the bellows. The new bellows was verso slightly thicker and did cause some problems with opening and closing - nothing major, but a bit irritating. I replaced the bellows on my 5 x 7 and used Custom Bellows. and everything was perfect. I sent them the old bellows with the end plates