Thread: Caps/plugs for HP Combi tanks

Talking Caps/plugs for HP Combi tanks

I have just returned to using my large format cameras after several years of only shooting medium format and occassiinally 35mm film.

I have two HP combi tanks for developing my 4X5 film. I guess plastic does not last forever and the caos or plugs that keep fluids within the tank have become extremely brittle with two of them shattering and no longer of any use. The ither two seem perfectly fine.

I have checked the local hardware store and autoparts place with zero luck.

Can people direct me to a source for those HP parts or a workable substiute?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Hope everyone is well and do not blame me for the smoke from Canadian wildfires as we barely have any trees in my area.

Re: Caps/plugs for HP Cimbi tanks

As an alternative to repair, I picked up an old and somewhat brittle Combi tank in a jumble-sale and ended up using only the internal film-holder. Effectively a sort of dip-and-dunk deep-tank system like I used in the eighties, based on plastic tanks for kitchen(?) use, instead of the twenty(?) liter tanks back in the day. Obviously this means that you have to work in the dark, but a few kitchen timers and a light-tight box (or changing-bag) to keep the film-holder safe prior to starting mean that it can be do-able. An alternative to the alternative would be a slosher in a paper-tray, but that is straying from your question too much.

Re: Caps/plugs for HP Combi tanks

I have some larger tanks in a box on the top shelf, let me see what I have may not even be HP. Been there a while!
    Kevin Taylor
    Bonehead amateur