Thread: 60mm lens thread->B60 adapter? How to mount Hasselblad B60 Filter onto 60mm thread?

60mm lens thread->B60 adapter? How to mount Hasselblad B60 Filter onto 60mm thread?

I'm interested in using a HASSELBLAD B60 60 SOFTAR III SOFT FOCUS FILTER onto my current lens (Wollensak Verito 8 3/4") for some more added softness however I made the rookie mistake of not knowing that the Hasselblad B60 Filter Lens does not screw so seamlessly onto the front end lens thread (60mm) of my Verito lens. Does anyone here know how I could possibly mount this B60 filter onto my lens? Going from the front end lens thread which is 60mm to the Bay60 of the Hasselblad filter? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Re: 60mm lens thread->B60 adapter? How to mount Hasselblad B60 Filter onto 60mm threa

Tape, gaffer tape, painters tape, any kind of tape that does not leave any residue/stickiness.

Re: 60mm lens thread->B60 adapter? How to mount Hasselblad B60 Filter onto 60mm threa

You can get a 62mm lens to Bay 60 step down ring. B&H sells a Heliopan one for $95.
    Then you need a 60mm to 62mm step up ring. Those should be cheaper and plentiful.
    I don't see any 60mm to Bay 60 rings on B&H's site.
    Gaffer's tape is easier to see if you really like this filter, and if so, then maybe get the 2-step kludge.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/drew_saunders/

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

The Verito threads were likely never intended to hold a filter. Check the thread dimensions (diameter and pitch) before getting your heart set on screw-in filter options. Another way would be to get an appropriately sized Series VIII slip-on adapter (measure the OD of the lens), which when used with a 67-B60 adapter should work marvelously. The 67 adapter will scre directly into the Series VIII adapter. Only thing you might still need to figure out is what kind of lens hood/shade to use.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Just curious... I see that you return periodically to the forum (as recently as this morning), but did any of this help your understanding of the options?