Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saunders 11x14 4 bladed easel that moves

Saunders 11x14 4 bladed easel that moves

Greetings,
    I have a Saunders 11x14 4 bladed easel that moves when I lift the “lid” and insert a sheet of paper to make a print.
    The easel has two skid pads on the bottom but they don’t keep the easel firmly in place.
    I need something to hold the easel exactly where I need it to be and not move when I insert a fresh sheet of paper.
    Tape will not work as I need to lift the lid and if the lid is up I need to firmly close the lid.
    Suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks
    Gary

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saunders_4laded_Easel.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	239569
    Picture copied from internet for reference.
    If not allowed please let me know.
    "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - H. Jackson Brown

Nicholas O. Lindan

Re: Saunders 11x14 4 bladed easel that moves

I have had very good luck with 3M bumpers/feet

https://www.amazon.com/3M-SP942-Namu...s%2C101&sr=8-9
    Darkroom Automation / Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
    f-Stop Timers & Enlarging meters http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

How about making loops of painters' tape with the adhesive side out?
    Maybe 4 loops, one in each corner.
    You could also try scuffing the bottom pads with sandpaper or a ScotchBrite pad to increase grip.
    I used a worn-out one of those for years..it had a missing hold-open...
    I had more of a problem with the blades moving than with the easel itself moving....so I taped the blades where they intersected.
    I now use one with 'low miles' on it...no issues.

I have a set NOS Speed Easels in box when bought cheap.

Great for multiples. Gaff tape in place. Does not move. Load by touch

I dislike the moveable blades that are never square

Cheap
    Tin Can

A trip to your local hardware store can sometimes yield just what you need - rubber feet wise. Has worked for me!

A piece of non-slip shelf liner?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pere View Post
    A piece of non-slip shelf liner?
    I'm with Chuck and John Layton on this, at Home Depot you can get rolls of non-slip shelf or drawer liner of various sorts and I've used a black foam version that is about 2-3 mil thick and embossed with a fine grid pattern that looks like they pressed or formed the material on a window screen (so it gives it a nice non-slip grip). When the non-slip cork layer on the bottom of some used, older easels or other such gear has deteriorated and needed to be replaced, I used this foam shelf liner material to replace the cork, and it's worked perfectly. Once you prep the surface on the underside of the easel, you can use some double sticky tape, or some suitable adhesive spray, to attach the new foam non-slip layer. The foam material I'm describing is intended to be a liner used in tool boxes or other workshop surfaces, so it's fairly durable. It's also not very expensive.
    ... JMOwens (Mt. Pleasant, Wisc. USA)

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." ...Michelangelo

Occasionally, a visit to your nearby hardware store can provide exactly what you require, especially when it comes to rubber feet. I have personally found success with this approach! Sonovive Reviews

Thank you for all the replies.
    I like the idea of shelf liner or tool box liner.
    I will look into those suggestions.

Thanks
    Gary
    "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - H. Jackson Brown

Hey, Gary, I have the same easel, inherited, as it were, from someone else. The original rubber pad was in poor shape, probably similar to yours,

I found a self-adhesive rubber mat sheet, about 1/8" thick, that has been perfect for many years. The question is, where I got it. It was a pain removing the old mat; loss of alcohol and Goo Gone, but it took only about an hour; maybe less.

I can't find one in searching at the moment. You might call Grainger (grainger.com) and see if they have such a thing; I didn't see one, but they have all sorts of stuff. I only found smaller pads or rolls on Amazon, but I didn't look that long.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/