Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello! New here, requesting help with camera

Re: Hello! New here, requesting help with camera

For over 60 years Linhof sold cases both metal and leather which were made by ROX and had the Linhof Logo screen printed inside. Google: Linhof ROX Case -and you will see some examples.

ROX is a German company and still makes nice cases however not Linhof specific and I don't see any leather models for sale - https://rox.de/en/rox-shop/aluminium-cases/

They also have a line of photo cases similar to the Nanuk type.

I had a Master Technika like yours, D.B.P West Germany, probably new in 1975. Yours has been altered with two shoes on the top mounted on a plate. The centered shoe is in the factory position, but then on the plate there is another to the left. That plate may interfere with the opening of the top flap, and that is why the buttons have been replaced with screws. You might consider putting it back into factory configuration.

I see something else that is non-factory. In the front view of the camera, I see two chrome, grooved projections under the front of the flap each just over the tilt lock knobs on the lens standard. The flap should be flat across the bottom. Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Chaves View Post
    I had a Master Technika like yours, D.B.P West Germany, probably new in 1975. Yours has been altered with two shoes on the top mounted on a plate. The centered shoe is in the factory position, but then on the plate there is another to the left. That plate may interfere with the opening of the top flap, and that is why the buttons have been replaced with screws. You might consider putting it back into factory configuration.

I see something else that is non-factory. In the front view of the camera, I see two chrome, grooved projections under the front of the flap each just over the tilt lock knobs on the lens standard. The flap should be flat across the bottom. Very strange.
    I've added a couple of photos. I have correspondence between Carl and an unnamed store where he was acquiring some of his Linhof equipment. In it, he references a suggestion from an individual named "Axel" for a spirit level (002599) and the need for the accessory shoe on the flash bracket. You can see in the photo what I mean. I don't think their addition interferes with the top flap opening, perhaps he just found no need for it. I will myself consider replacing the buttons if I find them or can acquire them somehow.
    I must apologize as I am not certain what you're referring to with the "two chrome, grooved projections". Are you able to point them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Embdude View Post
    For over 60 years Linhof sold cases both metal and leather which were made by ROX and had the Linhof Logo screen printed inside. Google: Linhof ROX Case -and you will see some examples.

ROX is a German company and still makes nice cases however not Linhof specific and I don't see any leather models for sale - https://rox.de/en/rox-shop/aluminium-cases/

They also have a line of photo cases similar to the Nanuk type.
    I found a nice leather one on eBay that I think I might purchase. Thanks for the info! And I'm a little embarrassed, could you point out a "data ring"? Google isn't helping me...

Yesterday I mentioned a large contraption that I think I also have for the camera which may be the reasoning for the button replacement to screws. I have the literature for the unit in front of me and I'll photograph it later. It's called a "Technika-Flex" however, this literature seems to be for a Super Technika and not a Master, so I don't know if I'm exactly right.

Thanks again for all the help!
    Doc

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

And more of the items Carl left me including the various tripods, 8 x 10 camera frame and I believe the Technika-Flex

Doc

Continued

Tiny lens

What is your need?

I have most of that
    Tin Can

Your shot of the camera with the bellows extended show lots of cracks on the outside of the leather. Be sure to check for pinholes before putting any film through it. You can probably get replacement bellows if needed or patch any holes with liquid rubber compound. Im sure others can chime in with details specific to your Linhof on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Beasley View Post
    Your shot of the camera with the bellows extended show lots of cracks on the outside of the leather. Be sure to check for pinholes before putting any film through it. You can probably get replacement bellows if needed or patch any holes with liquid rubber compound. Im sure others can chime in with details specific to your Linhof on that.
    I'll definitely look into that Gary, thank-you. There was a bit of crackling when I extended it so I tried to do a quick inspection and I honestly thought those crack looking things were a pattern on the material. Oh boy. I appreciate the heads-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    What is your need?

I have most of that
    I'm trying to get an idea as to what pairs up - their names so I can research how everything works and put it to use. The large studio tripod thing I may donate to a local school or something as I really can't think of a current use for it and it certainly takes up quite a bit of space. Carl was an educator for a number of years so it may be the way to go with items I just don't know that I'd get use from.

Doc

Good luck donating to HS or college

I tried to give away a lot of stuff to local HS and College, both had Darkrooms and active classes

BUT they rebuffed me thrice

and most schools are only allowed to buy NEW

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Burns View Post
    I'll definitely look into that Gary, thank-you. There was a bit of crackling when I extended it so I tried to do a quick inspection and I honestly thought those crack looking things were a pattern on the material. Oh boy. I appreciate the heads-up!

I'm trying to get an idea as to what pairs up - their names so I can research how everything works and put it to use. The large studio tripod thing I may donate to a local school or something as I really can't think of a current use for it and it certainly takes up quite a bit of space. Carl was an educator for a number of years so it may be the way to go with items I just don't know that I'd get use from.

Doc

Tin Can