I use a secondhand Jobo 3006 drum to develop 5x7 and 5x4, and find it excellent, producing consistently good results.

It does leak ('weep' might be a better description) around the join where the top meets the body. Not a huge amount but enough to be annoying.

I use a homemade rotary device (windshield wiper motor driving skateboard wheels), and do rotate the drum 'dry' first to try to get the top as well adjusted as possible. Today I actually measured it at four points around the drum and got it as even as possible but it still leaked (less than the previous time though).

The most liquid I put in is 600ml (developer), I stick to the official 450ml guidline for stop and fix, and use 500ml water per wash. Judging by other threads those volumes aren't excessive. When I first noticed it leaking it seemed to be the fix that did - odd that!

I've searched this forum for '3006' and read the various threads, with suggestions such as using vaseline or vegetable oil (neither a good idea), or a dry silicone spray around the lip etc.

There will be a lot of 3006 drums out there that are getting rather long in the tooth - how is yours performing? If yours 'weeps' have you found any good solutions?

The drums are so good that it is a shame that someone can't come up with a retro fit 'o' ring solution (a replacement lid maybe? I don't need any fancy 'lift' or cog drive), or even a complete modern, properly sealed incarnation along the same design concept.

(No prize for the first person to say 'buy a new one, you cheapskate!').