Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harrison Film Changing Tent Versus eTone Branded Changing Tent.

Re: Harrison Film Changing Tent Versus eTone Branded Changing Tent.

I have the larger version of the eTone tent which I use for 8x10.

It arrived neatly coiled in a compact circular bag, but I have not been able to work out how to fold it back up so it lives loosely collapsed under my bed. I am pleased with the tent and have no problems with it, though a potential failure point may be the zip on the front flap. Other brands and designs probably have similar failure points.

Interesting about the possible zip failure point, Vaughan.

Well, time to spill the beans, after much back and forth decisions whether to get the 4x5" or 8x10" unit, I opted for the eTone 8x10" unit. Ordered it this morning, should arrive before the end of the month, we'll see.

Vaughan, with regard to folding up the 8x10" unit, there is a video of how it is done if you do a search. If that isn't possible, then consider asking someone who owns one of those portable fold up toilet/shower tents. It's the same procedure.

As to why I decided to go with the larger tent, in simple words, real estate. I measured my normal film loading area that I use in the darkroom with things laid out as normal, I've been using around 700mm x 380mm for years now, so 8x10" it is. As the eTone 8x10" tent is 700mm cubed, I should be sweet.

Asking questions like I did in this thread certainly enhances one opportunities; I didn't know that an 8x10" eTone tent was available. On the Australian ebay site, the 8x10" eTone tent is not listed, once I checked out the local supplier of the eTone 4x5" tent, they directed me to the 8x10" eTone tent that they sold, but didn't, as far as I know, list on the Australian site. I might add that that ebay seller has somewhere around 250 items listed in their store, every one of which is photographic film related, or at least it seemed to me film related.

I buy from the Aliexpress web site, eTone sells on there.

they also have those tents on amazon. can get the next day if you don't want to wait a month

Well, in Australia, the amazon site does list it, it would've been delivered around 3 days earlier, give or take, which is a plus. But, it is $42.41 AUD more expensive through them, which is a negative.

The Australian amazon site sources this item via the UK, as we know it originates from Asia, travelling around the world like that is unbelievable.

Ah I see. In the US, I think merchants take advantage of fulfillment by amazon so it gets shipped to amazon's warehouse and amazon takes care of all the logistics. That way customers benefit from prime shipping. Luckily, prices are about the same or if you're lucky even cheaper than the asian ebay sellers. That's the case when I bought the etone 8x10 tent. I think it was some $50 cheaper than the prices on ebay or aliexpress at the time plus I got it the next day free shipping with prime. If it wasn't for that good deal I'm not sure if I even would've bought at that moment. I've still yet to use it, but looks to be good

Well the tent arrived yesterday while I was out exposing film, which is a bit of a rarity of late.

I decided to erect both side by side in the backyard, interesting is all I can say. The Harrison jumbo tent looks positively tiny alongside the Etone tent. The Etone tent is 700mm cubed.

The light tightness design of the Etone isn't quite the same as the Harrison around the zipper area, if one works on the design technique.

The Etone tent has one zipper with inner and outer elongated flaps, for light tightness, while the Harrison tent has a complete inner with zipper and a complete outer with zipper on the front section where you pass film into the tent.

I would suggest the Etone works well, otherwise there would be plenty of naysayers extolling the bad points. Nonetheless, it will almost certainly only be used in our camper, where direct sunlight or any kind of bright light won't be around.

Now this link is for Vaughan, it shows how to fold (and unfold) the Etone film changing tents. If you scroll down the pictures on the left, you'll see a video link. For what it's worth, I needed to see it so I could fold my new Etone tent...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/eTone-Porta.../dp/B0B7QJYBGT

Folded tents, unfolded tents, in the camper and detail of the failing Harrison tent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harrison_Tent_Bags_IMG_20230611_111106_resized_20230611_113903887.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	239476Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harrion_Jumbo_Tent_Etone_8x10_Tent_IMG_20230611_112139_resized_20230611_113831260 (003).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	239477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Etone_Tent_In_Camper_IMG_20230611_112737.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	239478Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harrison_Tent_Close_IMG_20230611_112312_resized_20230611_010335090.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	239479