Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: May/June View Camera

May/June View Camera

Different strokes.....

I enjoyed the issue.

May/June View Camera

Hmmm... maybe Tom can set up the new software to automatically launch a View Camera thread every two months, and send us all ticklers to come back and re-post our well-rehearsed positions...

May/June View Camera

At the risk of prolonging an already well-traveled thread....

Doesn't the fact that people come here month after month to complain about VC say something about the publication? Isn't it obvious that the powers-that-be at VC are not listening, if people have the same complaints month-after-month?

Just something to ponder.

May/June View Camera

"Steve has asked on here for suggestions of what sort of article/topics/photographers to cover. There have been dozens and dozens of good suggestions - yet only a handful of them have ever shown up as articles."

And perhaps if he paid some of his contributing authors in a timely fashion, there would be more writers forthcoming with additional work?

May/June View Camera

Consistency. That's the key.

May/June View Camera

>> In defense to my countrywoman An-My (and of the publisher), I'd say that you might find her work boring, but apparently some in the art world find it interesting. <<

FTR, I enjoyed that story and An-My's images.

Again I am not suggesting VC is a horrible offering, just sharing an opinion in the hopes editing for content and accuracy might improve in future issues...
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

May/June View Camera

"Hmmm... maybe Tom can set up the new software to automatically launch a View Camera thread every two months, and send us all ticklers to come back and re-post our well-rehearsed positions..."

Oren,

LOL... that's just TOOOO funny!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

May/June View Camera

The LF community is lucky to have ViewCamera Magazine, and, View Camera Magazine is very lucky not to have any competition.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

May/June View Camera

Well, you know what they say about opinions... Why all the hostility people? If you don't like the magazine, don't get the magazine. It's really that simple. People tend to look to sources of information not to learn something new but rather to validate their existing viewpoints. Some people will look to a magazine like VC to validate their own little world so when they see an article that dares to expose photography that doesn't look like the way they think all photography should look they get threatened and lash out.

No one cares about the typos, they just get angry when they see photos published that either aren't their own photos or don't atleast look like their own photos. These are people who think that all photos have to look a certain way and be made a certain way. We see that on this forum from time to time. People discussing if a photo can even be called a landscape if some of it is not in sharp focus. People debating if a photo can even be a photo if it's not printed in a darkroom. It's all about looking to a set of rules for guidance like a cult. Personally, I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member.

Long live magazines like VC.

May/June View Camera

While I was living in Japan I subscribed to VC. In all the years I was in Japan, there was no magazine that dealt with LF photography. VC was a lifeline for me. When I came back to Canada I continued buying VC but I no longer consider it a life line...this website is.
    Of course not all articles I find interesting, but there is always one or two that I do. As for the typos....who cares.