Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: New 75mm Hypergon Lens

Re: New 75mm Hypergon Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    I don’t see the ECO810ss available on the website yet… is it still coming soon?
    It's available now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    Here are a few older images made with the 75mm Hypergon on 8x10. I haven't used it much, but hope to get back to it as time allows...
    Thanks! It has an interesting warping effect. Wide indeed. I am guessing you did not have to do adjustments to get the trees vertical because of the lens design. Would that be right?

Also one of your comments mentions that you need three separate releases to fire the lens and use the fan at the same time...how did you accomplish this? Comments reproduced below:

You'll need one air bulb to blow the little "fan", and a second bulb or cable release to release the little fan to fall away during the exposure. With an angle of view that wide, reaching in to release it would put your hand in the image. A Packard shutter would require yet another air bulb, so up to three separate releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    So glad I have three hands
    Here are a few older images made with the 75mm Hypergon on 8x10. I haven't used it much, but hope to get back to it as time allows...

Quote Originally Posted by amansjeanphilippe View Post
    Hello
    normally, my 75mm is on the way...
    is it possible to have 75mm step file in order to design a mount for Copal-Sinar shutter?
    It will be hot but maybe not impossible...
    here you can see a cut of SINAR S2 with Copal-Sinar shutter and 135° blue light path
    Attachment 244109
    Thanks
    J.Ph.
    Actually I've already provided the mount for copal-sinar DB shutter. You can find it on my printables. But Sinar DB is not thin enough so that it will block the corners if you shoot 8x10.

Quote Originally Posted by Certain Exposures View Post
    Thanks! It has an interesting warping effect. Wide indeed. I am guessing you did not have to do adjustments to get the trees vertical because of the lens design. Would that be right?

Also one of your comments mentions that you need three separate releases to fire the lens and use the fan at the same time...how did you accomplish this? Comments reproduced below:
    You sill need to adjust the camera parallol to those trees if you want to get rid of perspective distortion. But hypergon provide almost zero distortion, which means those trees will be straight. As for the fan, you can control lens cap as shutter with one hand and blower for the fan with the other hand.

Mark, I saw a thread from '04 where you mentioned that you bought a 75mm Goerz Hypergon. Have you already shared many images from that lens? Any threads you could point to?
    Actually I've put some photos on other SNSs, I will also add some image onto elevan's website and this thread later.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Also one of your comments mentions that you need three separate releases to fire the lens and use the fan at the same time...how did you accomplish this?
    If you look, the trees aren't quite vertical. The needed movements would have put them slightly out-of-focus, so I just let the lens do what it does. It's remarkable that it can stay rectilinear at that wide an angle.

I just used two releases, an air bulb to spin the fan, and a regular cable release to drop the fan away. I didn't need a third for the Packard shutter, as I just used a black box as a lens-cap style shutter. Manual override, as it were.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Hello all,
    does anyone have effectively receive the lens from "elevanfilm.com" I placed an order and they give me a tracking number but it says "Your package is waiting to be picked up by the carrier." since 7 days now !
    And my mails get returned saying "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender ..... multiple delivery attempts failed"

Strange !

Quote Originally Posted by rayfor View Post
    Actually I've already provided the mount for copal-sinar DB shutter. You can find it on my printables. But Sinar DB is not thin enough so that it will block the corners if you shoot 8x10.
    good!
    but I didn't find it, could you provide a link to printables?
    Thanks
    J.Ph.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent Laval View Post
    Hello all,
    does anyone have effectively receive the lens from "elevanfilm.com" I placed an order and they give me a tracking number but it says "Your package is waiting to be picked up by the carrier." since 7 days now !
    And my mails get returned saying "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender ..... multiple delivery attempts failed"

Strange !
    At least you have a tracking number. I am still waiting for one.

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    At least you have a tracking number. I am still waiting for one.