Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lensboards for Chamonix

Lensboards for Chamonix

I’ve got a Chamonix 45f-1 on the way (thanks to everyone that helped in my search), so will just need a couple of lens boards for my Schneider Kreuznach super angulon 90 and Fujinon w 150 f/5.6. Anyone know what type of lensboards the Chamonix takes? The info on their website wasn’t clear to me.

Photographer

Re: Lensboards for Chamonix

Linhof Technika. Lots to be found on Ebay.
    Keith Pitman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    Linhof Technika. Lots to be found on Ebay.
    Thanks. One more dumb question - the super angulon is marked with Copal 0, but the Fuji 150 just says “Copal” with no number. Does this indicate a particular size or is there another way to tell?

Quote Originally Posted by jimi2 View Post
    Thanks. One more dumb question - the super angulon is marked with Copal 0, but the Fuji 150 just says “Copal” with no number. Does this indicate a particular size or is there another way to tell?
    There are different versions but it should be a Copal 0 too. You can find this info and a lot more here:

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...s/LF4x5in.html

Would it have a centered or off center hole. Doe it make a difference in use.

Lensboards for Chamonix

Quote Originally Posted by HughC View Post
    Would it have a centered or off center hole. Doe it make a difference in use.
    For Chamonix cameras, centered hole. In the zero vertical position the center of the hole aligns with the center of the rear standard. That’s not always true for other cameras and thus need the hole to be off center.

Quote Originally Posted by jimi2 View Post
    I’ve got a Chamonix 45f-1 on the way (thanks to everyone that helped in my search), so will just need a couple of lens boards for my Schneider Kreuznach super angulon 90 and Fujinon w 150 f/5.6. Anyone know what type of lensboards the Chamonix takes? The info on their website wasn’t clear to me.
    Chamonix makes lens boards. All my lenses have them.

Here's their comments from their site:

Continuing to design with the principles of light weight and simple function, Chamonix has developed a carbon fiber lens board, lined with black velvet on the inside in order to reduce reflection.

Currently we have Linhof type and Sinar type boards, but we can make any size lens board to suit your needs.
    https://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/a...ies/lensboards

Contact them to get the model your need. When I bought my, lens, I emailed them and asked which one is required.

Lensboards for Chamonix

My advice — this is not an area where you need to spend big bucks on carbon fiber boards. Luland on eBay sells aluminum CNC, high quality ones, both standard (copal 0,1,3,etc) and custom holes. These are all standard, proven items. Takes about 2 weeks to get to the US, usually less.

No affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    this is not an area where you need to spend big bucks on carbon fiber boards.

Very true... When I had a 4x5 Chamonix, I had one OEM Chamonix lens board and several other Linhof style boards. The OEM Chamonix board was just superior to the others in my opinion - a very subjective statement. I opted to acquire several used OEM Chamonix boards back then for around $30.00 or so each. Present new price I see is $100.00, so acquiring used boards for $30.00 or so probably is not going to happen. Finding used ones for around $50.00 each I would think the present going rate? I would say every worth every bit seeking them out.