Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Color paper processing question

Color paper processing question

ep2.

mr. quay,

you might look for a used roller transport paper processor. i'd warn against buying a hope machine. they're picky and have hundreds of clips and tensioners that never cease to shed and cause print jams.

any colex/colenta or kreonite promate tabletop would be a good choice (among others; ie; ilfolab, etc). reconditioned models can be very expensive so look for one gathering dust, possibly still wired for ep2 that you can convert to RA(not a difficult chore). i've seen some nice ones for the cost of a new jobo. i've heard of folks getting them for free if one doesn't mind picking it up. call around t'the local newspapers and labs.

and good luck,

tlt aka; darth kabibble

You will have good fun.
    The jobo processors are very easy to use and colour printing (once you have the temperature under control) is maybe easier than BW.-
    Let us know....

Thank you.

Whenever I mentioned color development in my darkroom to the folks I bought my chemistry from, the answer I most often got was a variation of "It's too difficult to control" or "You don't want to do that." It's nice to hear people say otherwise.

I do keep my darkroom at 68 degrees for my B&W work, so the room-temp chemicals mentioned by a couple people may be a good idea.

I had thought of using a tank and an aquarium heater for temperature control, but I wasn't sure if the temperature drop while processing in the trays or on a motor base (someone gave me a Bessler Color roller and motor base) would be a problem, since the development would occur outsideof the temp-controlled water. This is why I like the idea of the Jobo, since the drum is in the water bath. Jobos are really expensive, though. Even on ebay. I'll have to save up for one.

I hadn't considered hiring a consultant for the inkjet color management issue. It hadn't occurred to me. For now, I would rather try the darkroom route. It appeals to me more than a computer does. I'm always championing the underdog.

I don't have color heads for my enlargers. I have a set of color correction filters made by Bessler. I never considered, until recently, that I'd be doing my own color work. But, my B&W work has improved so much since I'vebeen printing it, I thought that my color work would do likewise. We'll see.

Thanks!
    --Gary