Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The AI thread

Re: What's going to become of photography?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ron View Post
    but digital has already lowered the bar so anyone can call themselves a photographer.
    We had that thread not too long ago. Anyone who uses a camera to make/take photographs is a photographer.

I have opined many times

Imaging will soon be bionic eyes

Right after I cannot qualify
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I have opined many times

Imaging will soon be bionic eyes

Right after I cannot qualify
    Is that an AI poem?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    What's to stop Adobe from adding AI to Photoshop? At what point does a photo become fake? Although I've taken static for years, I've always complained about cloning destroying traditional photography. AI is going to put another nail in the coffin.
    Photoshop already has an AI runtime feature in it for a while now if you believe the advertising for it.

The ONLY difference between a person using PhotoShop to edit a picture of a black guy in a white shirt, into a photo of a green guy in a pink shirt, versus using an AI "photo program" to do it is that the user tells the AI image program "green man in pink shirt standing on balcony",, the photoshop method normally requires the user to spend some time adjusting the sliders

Neither current digital computers nor future quantum computers have a soul, heart, moral compass, or emotions so they can never "think" as a human does. The most they'll be able to do is make decisions based on what some 27-year-old single geek living in his parent's basement decides when he writes the software. I don't think we should leave the red button in his hands.
    Whats that supposed to be meant as, a perjurative against the thought of a sentent computer? MOst of the populace is already doing what it is told to do via facebook and tiktok.. Most of your population has not the means to actually meet the requirements to be sentient themselves.

So a rerun of "Cognito, ergo sunt"

Quote Originally Posted by Torquemada View Post
    Whats that supposed to be meant as, a perjurative against the thought of a sentent computer? MOst of the populace is already doing what it is told to do via facebook and tiktok.. Most of your population has not the means to actually meet the requirements to be sentient themselves.
    I like to think that people do have compassion and feelings. Sometimes our fears and greed distort our thinking. But I wouldn't want to write off humanity in favor of a computer programmed by some 27 year old geek.

I like to think that people do have compassion and feelings. Sometimes our fears and greed distort our thinking. But I wouldn't want to write off humanity in favor of a computer programmed by some 27 year old geek.
    In my limited exposure to humankind, my belief that people are basically good has only been challenged a few of times. So my belief, although occasionally challenge does not result in any dissonance. Maybe because I am an optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by linhofbiker View Post
    In my limited exposure to humankind, my belief that people are basically good has only been challenged a few of times. So my belief, although occasionally challenge does not result in any dissonance. Maybe because I am an optimist.
    Good for you. Can you imagine a computer being optimistic?

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by faberryman View Post
    I consider conceptual photography to be the New Pictorialism. The difference is that if you had a classical education you had a sporting chance of discerning the idea the pictorial photographer intended to convey, not always, but frequently. With a conceptual photographer, you have to wait until he publishes his dissertation to learn the idea he is intending to convey. Then it is simply a matter of judging the credibility of the conceptional photographer and deciding whether he has successfully conveyed such idea. It is a little different approach: discerning vs. learning. If you do not have a classical education, you are in the same boat with a pictorial photographer as you are with the conceptual photographer, except you don't roll your eyes as often when you read about the idea the pictorial photographer was intending to convey.
    I think you might be 100% correct! it's less about what you did but more about how you talk about what you did. I was told by an old friend that it's not about the image but it has to be in a series.
    people will always want to know why, and because I wanted to, or because I had nothing better to do, or because I love beauty doesn't cut it .. and there's also got to be a reason for using film and paper ..
    if someone cant't answer why they might want to rethink the concept.