Thread: Hermagis Eidoscope n2 375mm F5 brass vs black any difference beside the black paint?

Hermagis Eidoscope n2 375mm F5 brass vs black any difference beside the black paint?

Hello, I'm looking to buy a portrait lens for a wet plate 12x14 inch camera. I have 2 options: the same lens I think Hermagis Eidoscope n2 375mm F5 Soft Focus Lens, black or brass the black one is 775 euro and the brass is 850.
    Is there a difference between the lenses beside the black paint?
    Is the price point good the lens are in good shape no fungus
    Kind regardes
    Dan
    https://www.instagram.com/dancomaniciu/

Re: Hermagis Eidoscope n2 375mm F5 brass vs black any difference beside the black pai

you need size #1,0 or 00 - #2 is a bit marginal.
    We don’t comment on value/prices- but it is very much a buyers’ market these days (hint!).
    Extract from the Pont/Princelle booklet on Hermagis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6B069319-E446-4789-A7AC-0879E9548740.jpg  

Re: Hermagis Eidoscope n2 375mm F5 brass vs black any difference beside the black pai

The main difference is the material, the black version has a black painted brass barrel, while the brass version has a polished brass barrel.

A late answer, perhaps: I'd say (from experience on an 11x14) that the no.1 will do a fine job. Once you get to 11x14, you're racking that lens a fair way out, so both angle of view and coverage are easily satisfied.