Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dry Mount Tissue

Drew Wiley

Re: Dry Mount Tissue

Yeah, sure ... One of those sites states, No longer available, the other, Not in stock. Time to switch to Trimount instead.

Dry Mount Tissue

Not to hijack the thread, but as a “point of information“…

Someone was telling me a while ago that Kodak dry mount lasts/is usable forever. They are regularly buying up stocks of it as they see it coming up for sale on the web. What has everyone’s experience been with older Kodak dry mount tissue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try reading any of those. No longer available, not available etc.

I would advise NOT getting the removable dry mount tissue. It makes it tough to get it t hold.

Drew Wiley

Kodak tissue? So so. Nothing special. Some of it required a lot of heat, like Seal MT5. I don't know why anyone would seek it out, unless they have an interest in Paleontology. But if that is what they are accustomed to, why not?

Some bonding failures are due to too little heat in relation to newer "removable" tissues. But mostly, they're due to improper technique, like failing to pre-dry the components.

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    I would advise NOT getting the removable dry mount tissue. It makes it tough to get it t hold.
    I've been using BufferMount for over 30 years. It works just fine, has no problems with coming up or not adhering and is really flexible.

I had a bunch of prints damaged by a water leak in a storage unit I was renting (so much for climate and humidity controlled...). The mat boards were shot and moldy on one side, but the prints were just fine. I was able to remove them and remount them on new boards.

It's also come in handy when I accidentally mis-mount a print. Yes, I have to discard the board, but the print I can remove and re-mount on another board.

I get it in rolls now (no longer available in sheets) and cut it down. EZPZ if you have a rotary cutter anyway.

Best,

Doremus

https://www.drymounttissue.com/produ...-mount-tissue/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    I was looking for 11x14 tissue last year and couldn’t find it. I succeeded in in tracking down the current manufacturer of what used to be Seal Colormount and they told me they were no longer cutting sheets. I ended up buying a 24”-wide roll that will serve any size I’m likely to print. Yes, it’s a pain, but it beats having no tissue at all.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    ...Even with people going digital, they still need to dry-mount prints...
    Nope. They don't "need" to. I've never dry mounted an inkjet print. They're not like fiber-base gelatin silver prints. Corners, or a piece of tape above the window, and they stay perfectly flat when matted.
    Last edited by Sal Santamaura; 13-Apr-2023 at 07:38. Reason: Typo.

Thumb tacks work too.

Iga did you have any luck finding dry mount tissue in the EU? I have had good luck with https://www.firstcall-photographic.c...roll-650/p7364 but it needs to be imported.