Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epson 750 Pro Problem

Epson 750 Pro Problem

I used my scanner a couple of days ago, no problem. Today I turned it on using Epson Scan and the right side (where the scanned image would be) did not show up. On the left side the boxes for preview and scan were missing. When I clicked around the blank area where they should be they eventually showed up. When I hit preview, the scanned image shows up but none of the controls for zooming, etc were there. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Epson Driver a couple of times. I thought it might be because I am on Windows 11, but as I said, it worked fine a couple of days ago.

I hope someone can help me.

R/Jim

Re: Epson 750 Pro Problem

Are you using Epsonscan and not Epsonscan 2 (for Apple)? What do you mean you reinstalled the driver? Did you reinstall Epsonscan? Did you use the downloaded latest version?

Did you change the film type and holders?

Are the setting holes on the scanner at the top clear?

Is it still under warranty?

Itīs definitly the problem that WIN11 cannot handle the GUI of the elder 32bit Epson Scan Software. I myself had this problem a year ago and downgraded/stayed to Win10. Epson said that there is a software-patch but as I heard from other people it didnīt install. If you want to stay to Win11 go to the Epson 800/850 scanner line with the 64bit software Epson Scan 2.

Alan,

I'm using Epsonscan for PCs. I reinstalled the latest driver from the Epson website. It is for W10 but I have been using it without problem until yesterday. I've followed all the "fixes" I could find on the internet. The only one that kind of works is to hold down the alt key and click on the blank spaces. That brings back some of the icons, but not all, and is hit and miss. I have not tried changing holders as I am scanning a series of polaroids. Not under warranty but I think it is the software and not the scanner.

rawtz,

As I mentioned above, I've been using this scanner and software with no problems until yesterday. I think the scanner is fine, perhaps something has changed with W11 which is causing the problem. Buying another scanner is not realistic for me. I could try another scanning program, but even that is an expense I'd like to avoid.

Thanks to both of you for your time on this. I am open to any other ideas you may have.

I just got off the phone with a 2nd level Epson Tech who told me they are constantly fielding calls about this. He says Epson updated their driver to W11 back in August and that any further discussions about this problem have to be with Microsoft. I asked him why then when you go to their download site, my computer (and from what I've read everyone else's as well) is identified as W10. No answer to this. Anyway the work around is to use the Alt key to get the various command boxes to show up.

The Epson Site for the driver interface patch:
    https://www.epson.co.uk/en_GB/suppor...-os=Windows+11
    But if you have the latest driver, the patch should be included. But my information is that the error remains with the latest software.
    Anybody here working with Epson V700/750 driver and Win11?

I found this updater on the Epson site.
    https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/P...SPT_B11B224201

Scroll down to Utilities. There's an updater there issue in 8/3/22. Notice it's for Window 11 as well. See if that helps.

Epson Software Updater v4.6.50 8/03/22 6.08 MB ESU_4.6.5.exe
    Description :

This file contains Epson Software Updater v4.6.5.

Epson Software Updater, formerly named Download Navigator, allows you to update Epson software as well as download 3rd party applications.

Note: To use this updater, your Epson product must be turned on and connected to a computer with Internet access.

This file applies to numerous Epson products and may be compatible with operating systems that your model is not.
    Compatible systems :

Windows 11, Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by rawitz View Post
    Itīs definitly the problem that WIN11 cannot handle the GUI of the elder 32bit Epson Scan Software. I myself had this problem a year ago and downgraded/stayed to Win10. Epson said that there is a software-patch but as I heard from other people it didnīt install. If you want to stay to Win11 go to the Epson 800/850 scanner line with the 64bit software Epson Scan 2.
    I believe Epsonscan 2 is for Apple operating systems. Use the regular Epsonscan for Windows systems.

Quote Originally Posted by rawitz View Post
    The Epson Site for the driver interface patch:
    https://www.epson.co.uk/en_GB/suppor...-os=Windows+11
    But if you have the latest driver, the patch should be included. But my information is that the error remains with the latest software.
    Anybody here working with Epson V700/750 driver and Win11?
    That appears to be the same updater I found for the V850 in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    I believe Epsonscan 2 is for Apple operating systems. Use the regular Epsonscan for Windows systems.
    EpsonScan2 is for Win10/11 (and Apple) and only works with the V800/850 scanner. EpsonScan works only for V700/750 scanner. They are not interchangeable.