Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Me 1000mm F16 Apo Ronar

New to Me 1000mm F16 Apo Ronar

New to Me 1000mm F16 Apo Ronar by Nokton48, on Flickr

This lens has been on my Radar for decades. The Rodenstock 1000mm F16 Apo Ronar will be fitted to my 8x10 Sinar Norma for Telescopic large format photography. It will be an interesting project to get this into service. It will need to be supported at the front and the back of the lens. Two tripods will be required. I've owned the 760mm F14 for quite a while but this lens goes to the next level. 5x7/13x18 will increase the telephoto effect even more.

EDIT: If you look in the back of "CASTLES IN SPAIN" by Reinhart Wolf you will see this lens, without a doubt. I'm so glad I pounced on it
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 30-Mar-2023 at 14:46.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Re: New to Me 1000mm F16 Apo Ronar

Wow! It goes up to f/260!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

How much does it weigh?

I'll let you know when it gets here. I plan to support the camera with two FOBA C40 tripods, those were in the original Norma Catalogs. Will hold anything and portable

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Wow! It goes up to f/260!
    This blows the f/64 Group out of the water!

I think it might end up two Norma Standards supporting the lens equally, on the front and back of the lens. Too BEEG to go on a Sinar Norma Lensboard directly, will require a stepdown tophat to fit the Sinar standards. Also it needs to be forward mounted so that I can use my Norma Shutter. Back in the Day you could buy a 5x7 Norma Standard and put a bigger custom made board on that.

― Mark Twain

Congratulations!

I will settle with my Jena 900mm f9

I mount it on 2 cameras, one portable, the other a studio camera can use it at 11X14 Macro

No supports necessary

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    New to Me 1000mm F16 Apo Ronar by Nokton48, on Flickr

This lens has been on my Radar for decades. The Rodenstock 1000mm F16 Apo Ronar will be fitted to my 8x10 Sinar Norma for Telescopic large format photography. It will be an interesting project to get this into service. It will need to be supported at the front and the back of the lens. Two tripods will be required. I've owned the 790mm F11 for quite a while but this lens goes to the next level. 5x7/13x18 will increase the telephoto effect even more.
    Tin Can

Daniel that's so cool! Can't wait to see a pic of this on a camera...and especially some results - so do keep us posted!

Thanks! I will! I'll start in the studio, have plenty of strobe power now. Quite a bit incoming.

Maybe this lens was screwed into an electric shutter in a process camera. Something I worked alot with when I was a lot younger. But I'm good with 8x10 contact prints for now. Did Ya'll know that the 8x10 Norma is easily and precisely adjustable with regard to film plane? So you calibrate it to match your film holders. Process Holders are in a different focus plane, you can adjust easily for it

― Mark Twain

Drew Wiley

Looks about the diameter and weight of my 760/11 Apo Nikkor process lens. Tight squeeze on a Sinar board. But I've never taken it into the field. My 600 Fujinon C is as long as I go for that kind of usage with the 8X10. The biggest problem with a very long perspectives outdoors is intervening atmosphere itself, pollen dust, heat waves, etc. So generally, I'm just as well off with a 450C and 6X9 roll film back on the 4X5 Norma.

Have fun with that beast! I presume you're using a Sinar shutter behind the lens.