Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dry Mount Press Cover?

Re: Dry Mount Press Cover?

I'd go with Tyvek as Drew suggested but if you do, crinkle/fold/bend/twist the crap out of it so it's no longer crunchy and sounding or stiff. This gets it softer as well. I used Tyvek to make covers for my Devere 504 and Focomat V35.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

I just use an old sheet, cut to size.

I don't have a cover for my dry mount press. I have never felt the need for one. The area where I do my mounting and framing is not dusty. I wonder how many frame shops have them? Seems like if there were a need for them, the dry mount press manufacturers or a third party would offer them. It probably wouldn't be too hard to convince people they need one.

I cover many things with garbage bags. Then when it is time to collect garbage I use these bags and put clean ones on the equipment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5500 Enlarger Darkroom.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	237167

I would love to see some naked shots of that with details!

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I cover many things with garbage bags. Then when it is time to collect garbage I use these bags and put clean ones on the equipment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5500 Enlarger Darkroom.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	237167
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by faberryman View Post
    I don't have a cover for my dry mount press. I have never felt the need for one. The area where I do my mounting and framing is not dusty. I wonder how many frame shops have them? Seems like if there were a need for them, the dry mount press manufacturers or a third party would offer them. It probably wouldn't be too hard to convince people they need one.
    There are very few dry mount press manufacturers any more. I’m not sure they are concerned with selling covers after they just collected 2 to 3 grand for the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    There are very few dry mount press manufacturers any more. I’m not sure they are concerned with selling covers after they just collected 2 to 3 grand for the press.
    Leaving money on the table. Sort of like back in the day, if you bought a camera at a brick and mortar shop, the salesman could usually talk you into a UV filter and never ready case.

Jeffery Dale Welker

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    I have covers for a number of my equipment items from Digital Deck Covers. The only caution I'd offer is that their existing patterns for some equipment can vary a bit from what I consider a perfect fit. That results, I was told, from their having added some designs based on measurements supplied by other customers rather than their own handling of the equipment. I strongly suggest double-checking the dimensions their pattern indicates against your press in light of how you'd like the cover to fit.
    Sal - Digital Deck Covers gave me their pattern dimensions and I double-checked them against my 210M. They were spot on. I anticipate a good fit.
    "I have this feeling of walking around for days with the wind knocked out of me." - Jim Harrison

I have a large, Seal Masterpiece 500T that I picked up inexpensively, along with a ton of dry mount tissue. It came with a homemade stand that works fine.

Given the size of this monster, the only place I could keep it is in my garage. So to keep the damp from it, I put an old, thick comforter over the tope. It all seems to work fine. But, I suspect it's not optimum.

I also have my mounting station in the area. Someday, I hope to enclose it all with two temporary walls.

Given the name of your town, I suspect humidity is an issue -- and I hope some others have some ideas, cuz I don't, even though I have a "monster" too!

And I'm glad that Digital Deck Covers doesn't make a cover for the 500T. Given their price for a 210M cover -- $50+ -- I'd end up paying more for the cover than I did for the press itself. I can buy a ton of trash bags for $50.