Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dry Mount Press Cover?

Jeffery Dale Welker

Dry Mount Press Cover?

When my father passed, and we were cleaning out his darkroom, I was able to save his Seal 210M Dry Mount Press. I am looking to get input from the LFPF members on what would be a good cover to keep it relatively dust free in between uses. I did some cursory research online and did not find anything "ready-made" for that purpose - maybe I missed something. Your ideas and suggestions are appreciated.
    "I have this feeling of walking around for days with the wind knocked out of me." - Jim Harrison

Re: Dry Mount Press Cover?

An old towel?

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Eric Woodbury

Pillow case or part of a sheet. I don't cover the closing bar.

I cover it with a plastic sheet after it has cooled down.

I had a custom cover made for mine by Digital Deck Covers. It wasn’t terribly expensive and they might even have the dimensions and pattern on file.

Jeffery Dale Welker

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    I had a custom cover made for mine by Digital Deck Covers. It wasn’t terribly expensive and they might even have the dimensions and pattern on file.
    Thanks Pieter. That is what I was hoping to find. I'll reach out to them to see if they kept your order info on file. What year did you make the order with them?
    "I have this feeling of walking around for days with the wind knocked out of me." - Jim Harrison

I like no cover, I dust it, it is not in DR

I worry about leaving it ON or a bump it on

so I unplug it too
    Tin Can

Drew Wiley

Nothing vinyl. Towels just add to an unwanted lint issue. You want something inert and breathable so you won't get rust, like Tyvek fabric. Or you can get rust resistant breathable machinery covers from woodworking suppliers like Rockler. Make sure the thing is unplugged! Mine is in a room separate from either the darkrooms or shop space per se, so I leave it uncovered.

Jeffery Dale Welker

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I like no cover, I dust it, it is not in DR

I worry about leaving it ON or a bump it on

so I unplug it too
    My darkroom isn't big enough to accommodate a dry mount press. I've got an area of my garage set aside for cutting mattes and mounting prints. That is where my 210M resides. While I keep that area clean, it still gathers dust over time. My preference would be to have Dan (Stone Photo Gear) make me a custom dust cover for my Seal 210M - I absolutely love his work. Unfortunately, his current circumstances does not allow Dan to take custom orders. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Digital Deck Covers can offer a reasonable solution.

My enlargers, slide copier, copy stand, and dry mount are all covered with trash bags when not is use. They come in a variety of colors, but I believe Louis Vuitton has more stylish offerings.
    Last edited by xkaes; 27-Mar-2023 at 11:36.