This one may be of technical interest to some of you. Maybe there is even someone on this forum who worked with some of this kit ?

35 years ago when I started work, I remember being fascinated by a conference proceedings ( SPIE ) from the early-1980's on the subject of High-Altitude Standoff Reconnaissance.
This was just at the very advent of electronic sensors. hence many of the papers were still talking about the current high-end limits of film reconnaissance. There was a very interesting paper by Frank Gorman entitled 'The Hurdles to ... ( as above ) '. In it he documented many aspects of the process, a listing of some of the films used, camera pods, film magazines, focusing, gamma curves, ground resolution results from different distances etc.
There was a sentence that intrigued me, which I was not able to follow-up at that time, before the internet :
"With the exception of the very elegant Kodak Beacon Enlarger, there are few systems capable of handling enlargements from large, truly high-resolution negatives "
In this context, he was talking about 9" wide roll film, of emulsions like 3414, or SO(special Order)-415 , which in the latter case could resolve 440 cycles/mm at 1.6/1 contrast !

Just today, I re-read that paper and went looking, and hit a great link.
I haven't by any means read this whole document about Project 'Bridgehead', but it looks fascinating.
There is a small chapter on the Kodak Beacon Enlarger on page 118 of the document :

https://www.nro.gov/Portals/65/docum...%20Company.pdf

Gorman obviously loved his job. He took relish in pointing out that a 9" frame of SO-415 could record information at the rate of 1 Tera-bit per second !