I have two un-named half-plate tailboard cameras. After looking them over very carefully I know that one was built by Louis Gandolfi because it is stamped 'L Gandolfi Maker' underneath the bellows on the underside of an inaccessible piece of wood, although this does require a dentist's mirror to read. The other is VERY similar indeed and shares so many characteristics that I am sure that it too was built by Louis. However it is different in two ways. Firstly it is not made of mahogany like the stamped camera, but teak, and it is also bras bound. Adverts from Gandolfi indicate that both of these features were actually listed as options but I have not seen another teak built Gandolfi. I also understand that Louis gained a contract from the 'Foreign and Colonial Office' before WW1 to produce a number of 'tropical' cameras for use in 'India and Malaya' so I'm wondering if the lack of a name stamp may have been because it is one of these built for the government as they were likely made from more durable teak for use in the tropics. Does anyone have any information on any teak Gandolfis or on any cameras built under this contract (the Teak camera has a pre-WW1 Ross lens fitted which may well be original)? Thanks.