Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CPP3 Issues

Re: CPP3 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    ...what kinds of loads were you running on it? That is, what drums, with how much solution, how often?...
    For many years Bob has posted that he develops film commercially, so I'd guess fairly often. In one thread concerning a 3005 drum, his reply indicated he wasn't exceeding the 1000 ml Jobo-recommended maximum:

Perhaps he'll update us if that has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    For many years Bob has posted that he develops film commercially, so I'd guess fairly often. In one thread concerning a 3005 drum, his reply indicated he wasn't exceeding the 1000 ml Jobo-recommended maximum:

Perhaps he'll update us if that has changed.
    Yes , I. stay within the 1000ml limit, It must be noted that I am doing 3% of the film processing volume that I did 20 years ago, so this CPP3 unit has very low mileage on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Hi Fred - who is Schenk?
    we used him to repair our bowens and dynalights a number of years back. he had a shop in that building of creatives on carlaw north of queen.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Perhaps worth a call to KHB Photografix to see if they can point you in a direction. They work on a lot of stuff but not Jobo as far as I know. Still, they might have suggestions. Unfortunately they seem to have moved to Welland now.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    Perhaps worth a call to KHB Photografix to see if they can point you in a direction. They work on a lot of stuff but not Jobo as far as I know. Still, they might have suggestions. Unfortunately they seem to have moved to Welland now.
    You may be right Kevin knows a lot of stuff, he is fixing my Devere timers , maybe he can advise on the jobo

I really hope they can help somehow, if not directly. One of the (several) reasons I never ended up pulling the trigger on a Jobo machine is I was afraid I'd have this sort of bad luck and be screwed.

You may be right Kevin knows a lot of stuff, he is fixing my Devere timers , maybe he can advise on the jobo

Have you contacted Jobo directly?

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    that's what I was going to suggest, pretty much the only place I know of in Canada, they made me a new carrier for an obsolete omega enlarger, were more than affordable and probably the nicest shop I have ever contacted.

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    Have you contacted Jobo directly?
    that be cat labs...

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    that be cat labs...
    Jobo Germany, not the US distributor. These are nothing like as complicated as the Autolabs.

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    Jobo Germany, not the US distributor.
    I am told by Cat Labs who sold it to me that its probably the fuse. Problem in this unit some genius in the factory decided to put the fuses in the guts of the motor unit and taking it apart is not a user friendly issue. I am being told a new motor is going to cost me $3000 to replace which is 2/3 the cost of the machine when I bought it. I believe my unit is the first unit sold in North America. It has low mileage and I feel shipping to Europe will not only be very expensive but also time consuming.
    So my question is does anyone here know where I can have a piece of equipment like this looked at and serviced?
    best
    Bob Carnie
    If you read Bob's original post the 3000usd is the cost for the motor replacement plus shipping to Germany and this seems like the newer machines are harder to take apart because I have all kinds of repair printouts from Jobo for working on either the CPP2 or CPA2 both of which I have but have not had to work on anything other then the CPP2's replacement pump motor and the machine was very easy to work on as I recall.