Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: CPP3 Issues

Re: CPP3 Issues

Even $500 - $600 for a motor is pricy...

Discover / learn what specific type of motor is used, then do a search of industrial motor suppliers to see if there is the identical to similar replacement.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    I still am at a loss here. Catlabs is Jobo USA repair shop. If it is a fuse and the motor is OK you should be able to ship the power head, without the huge plastic trough (think box 12x12x12 inches). A new motor shouldn't be $3000 US. I would call Omer back, if that doesn't work call Jobo in Germany.

Motor only shouldn't cost more than 500-600 usd.

I suggest contacting a local motor repair shop, they might be able to fix the problem if you can remove the motor and take it to them.

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Sorry to hear about all of this, Bob. I find it unacceptable that the company/distributor won't help you out.
    Hi Peter. they are paying me lip service but actually doing absolutely nothing.. kind of where we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wasserman View Post
    I suggest contacting a local motor repair shop, they might be able to fix the problem if you can remove the motor and take it to them.
    Its not the motor - it is the fuse that is buried into the motor assembly, but this may be an option

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    3012 Metric 9x12cm JOBO Film Drum on Unicolor Uniroller by Nokton48, on Flickr

I process B&W at ambient temp. Works for me
    Ok what is the name of this unit the roller setup probably exactly what I want to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Hi Peter. they are paying me lip service but actually doing absolutely nothing.. kind of where we are today.
    It should behoove them to do all they can to get your processor working again. If they fail to do so, I would have a hard time recommending the CPP3 to anyone based on their post sales service and think it could hurt sales if someone like you can't get anywhere with them. Hopefully someone at Jobo headquarters will do what needs to be done.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Yes indeediee..

There was a time when Foto stores were service oriented and customer support and service was a "thing"...
    Jobo was properly supported back in them days, if there was a problem, go to the local Jobo distributor/store and they took care of the issue be it parts, repair or etc...
    If the Jobo was an automated system, the service folks would come out to fix it. Back then Jobo was not a high volume or high quality film or print processing system. names like Refrema, Durst, Colenta and ... were significant investments that were run lots daily and HAD to function under the most demanding conditions.. They were properly supported in many ways.. Add to this the vast number of "one hour" foto labs sprinkled all over from shopping centers to drive thru booths and more..

What remains, the very few folks that "deal" in Jobo on their terms..

All if not mostly gone now... leaving this film thing as a speciality thing... for the few.. even if the popularity of film photography is on the rise.

Bernice

Ok what is the name of this unit the roller setup probably exactly what I want to go to.
    It's a Unicolor Uniroller, it has a bi-directional motor. Omega made one too, it goes one direction only. In using that one, I simply pick up and flip the drum, so they go in the alternate directions. Uniroller works fine for me have used it for decades. For sheet film and roll film I use the JOBO Multitank 5 and Multitank 6 with the JOBO reels
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Maybe try messaging: https://www.facebook.com/JOBOanalog

There's also a Jobo group with 3K members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/jobofilmdev
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

CPP3 Issues

From Catlabs website “CatLABS is the exclusive US distributor of Jobo analog products, and a factory service station for all your Jobo service and spare parts needs.” I guess service in this case means they will give you the address to Jobo Germany.

It wouldn’t hurt to send an email to Klaus, he works on Jobo’s. However he’s in Germany.

Klaus-D. Seynsche Fotolaborservice
    Feldstr. 41
    51702 Bergneustadt
    Germany

Tel.: +49 (0)2261 - 41114
    Fax: +49 (0)2261 - 920158
    Mobil: +49 (0)170 - 4652734

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk