Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: CPP3 Issues

Re: CPP3 Issues

Richard's suggestion makes a lot of sense. Years ago one hot august day in Staten Island the attic ceiling fan's motor failed. Taking it out was simple enough other than the heat. (I definitly had heat stroke symptoms) I took it to an electrical supply store and told him that I needed a motor with the same outside diameter. He suggested re-wiring the one I had. It didn't cost a lot and took a few days and went in easier than replacing the whole fan assembly. I'm sure that in Toronto there are many shops that would do that job for a lot less than those scary numbers mentioned. I have a neighbour who is an ex Ontario resident who happens to be a master electrician. If you wish I could ask him of a place to take it to. He's like Bernice, extremely knowledgeable in his/her field. bk

Bob, were you able to find any solutions/help on this?

Hi Michael - thanks for asking, I decided that since we actually used the unit in simple manual mode and we never leave the processor when operation even though we could, I decided to use the existing water bath holder with a kitchen water immersion temp device and am now currently looking for a unicolor type of rotation device that can deliver 45- 55 rotations per minute and we will operate it completely manually and throw out all the other IMO useless parts to this poorly designed unit. We do charge a lot for processing so going all manual is not an issue.

I have owned many Jobo units in my time , and it always was something silly about its design. the auto bigger ones had lift arms buried deep within the unit and were very difficult to remove and replace, and they had a basic 36k lift life span so I actually went through two of them before I purchased the CPP3. now this is a mickey mouse unit for the price it is being sold at.

Wow, how frustrating for thousands of dollars. At least you've found a workaround but geez.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I have owned many Jobo units in my time , and it always was something silly about its design. the auto bigger ones had lift arms buried deep within the unit and were very difficult to remove and replace, and they had a basic 36k lift life span so I actually went through two of them before I purchased the CPP3. now this is a mickey mouse unit for the price it is being sold at.

Some people here would fix it and I get that, but for me I am not mechanically inclined, also I was having issues when processing 8 x 10 film with a loaded tank the lift arm was actually breaking when we lifted and putting our hands underneath and helping the lift was awkward , so we just ran the machine as normal and when the dump and fill was needed we stopped the rotation and took the unit off the machine and did this all manually and it worked perfectly. So all in all in rating a CPP3 based on price , usability , service I would give it a 1 out of 10.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27561595020...Cclp%3A2047675

Bob,
    Have you seen these units? I just bought one for myself, and the extension unit. I have a lot of JOBO tanks, always used until now on Unirollers. Just bought a spare, lots of them usually on Ebay
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/27561595020...Cclp%3A2047675

Bob,
    Have you seen these units? I just bought one for myself, and the extension unit. I have a lot of JOBO tanks, always used until now on Unirollers. Just bought a spare, lots of them usually on Ebay
    Thanks so much Daniel I did not see this I will look into it.

Bob

Daniel do you think this will work with the expert drums 4 x 5 and 8 x 10 , and I assume the rotation is in one direction ??I see it is not compatable with heavy tanks

I've had a CPP2 that I bought new in 1996. It generally works ok, but occasionally it just decides not to rotate. This usually happens at the very start, i.e. I turn the rotate switch, and nothing happens. Eventually, it starts turning, and then it'll be fine. Basically, I agree that Jobos can be pretty flakey.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know