Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Older lenses in a modern world? (Kodak 12" Commercial Ektar w/modern filters & hoods)

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Older lenses in a modern world? (Kodak 12" Commercial Ektar w/modern filters & ho

Quote Originally Posted by Serge S View Post
    I bought one of these Kodak series 8 adapters for my 12" CE lens
    Ended up not firing my lens - many variations apparently
    I'm assuming that "firing" was meant to be "fitting".

Sometimes they require adjusting the tabs. Per Kodak vintage instructions, the tabs can be adjusted +/- .5mm. Since Kodak adapter and others are aluminum, bend gently and not too often to avoid tab breakage. And bend them evenly all teh way around to get a good fit that is noeither too loose nor too tight. If you have the right size, series 8 size 2 1/2 in - 63.5mm slip-on adapter for the 12 inch Commercial Ektar, the amount of adjusting will be minimal. If you have the wrong size, it probalby won't work.

Re: Older lenses in a modern world? (Kodak 12" Commercial Ektar w/modern filters & ho

BTW, series 8 is close enough to interchange with 67mm filters, mixed thread en all..

Bernice

Another approach that's worked for me with older Ektars, Dagors and RD Artars is to adapt a 72mm to 67mm step-down ring to a folding Voss gelatin filter holder and lens shade that spring-clamps to the front of lenses with OD of 72mm or less.

I have purchased several good-condition Voss holders on the auction site and never paid over $27 USD for one. Amazon sells quite usable 72-67mm step-down rings very inexpensively. Each of my LF kits includes older US-made lenses and hence each kit has one of these modified Voss holders.

Here's the how-to thread that I posted last year in the Lenses and Lens Accessories area:

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...highlight=Voss

I have a 8.5” Commercial Ektar and discovered that the front lens mount takes 45mm push on caps. This size is not available in Schneider caps so I bought a 44mm cap and lined it with some black tape on the inside so that it fits snugly. This is another solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://skgrimes.com/

Slip on adapters that don't scratch, $$$

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was able to find both an original vintage adapter with the filter holder as well as a Lee adapter ring that fit it! So double win for me.

Looking forward to trying it all out.