Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Foma 200?

Re: Foma 200?

makiflex #6 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Makiflex Standard, Schneider 120mm F6.8 Angulon @F11 FOMA Classic Microdol-X
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    makiflex #6 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Makiflex Standard, Schneider 120mm F6.8 Angulon @F11 FOMA Classic Microdol-X
    What!! Microdol-X is still sold ???? any info ???

Yes! Right here:

https://www.freestylephoto.com/74971...akes-1-Gallon)

Buy two bags, use the second to make the kodak recipe Mic-X Replenisher. I have straight Replenished Mic-X that is over four years old, it gets better as it "seasons". Looooonnnnngggg developing times with this stuff, which is what I want. I have gone out to thirty five minutes at 62F and it hasen't overcooked the film. Great stuff!

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by joho View Post
    What!! Microdol-X is still sold ???? any info ???
    Perceptol is the Ilford functional equivalent, the proper formula for Microdol can be found in a Kodak patent (Richard Henn was the inventor), the '-X' was mainly the addition of Chlororesorcinol as an anti-dichroic stain agent (which are now mostly incorporated in emulsions).

And despite the name Mic-“X”, I highly doubt the LegacyPro product contains either chlororesorcinol or the benzophenone from the other Henn patent. It is probably virtually identical to Perceptol.

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    Perceptol is the Ilford functional equivalent, the proper formula for Microdol can be found in a Kodak patent (Richard Henn was the inventor), the '-X' was mainly the addition of Chlororesorcinol as an anti-dichroic stain agent (which are now mostly incorporated in emulsions).

Here's the original datasheet, the Replenisher Formula works, substituting Legacy Mic-X for Microdol-X. They are essentially the same in my book. Works great with FOMA 120 and large format

https://125px.com/docs/techpubs/kodak/j4027-2003_11.pdf

You use 3/4 of the gallon of water, then add Sodium Carbonate. Works good with Legacy as a substitute. Olde Mic-X can be sketchy but not all the time. I've had good luck with olde cans. I do filter my gallon every so often, and use a glass brown bottle for storage.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    And despite the name Mic-“X”, I highly doubt the LegacyPro product contains either chlororesorcinol or the benzophenone from the other Henn patent. It is probably virtually identical to Perceptol.
    Perceptol was released in 1969 & Ilford had significant research interests into dichroic-stain preventing agents, so I'd be wary of making that linkage to the LP Mic-X product - not least as the quantities used are going to be below disclosable levels. That being said, from hints in SDS that have bubbled up over the years, the basic formula of Perceptol (barring specific chelation agents or anti-stain addenda) seems likely to be compliant with 2,466,423 - which expired, conveniently enough, a couple of years before Perceptol came to the market.

True, I'm overstepping. There could easily be small quantities of other active compounds in Perceptol besides the "core" chemicals we know it contains (metol, sod. sulfite, NaCl).

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    Perceptol was released in 1969 & Ilford had significant research interests into dichroic-stain preventing agents, so I'd be wary of making that linkage to the LP Mic-X product - not least as the quantities used are going to be below disclosable levels. That being said, from hints in SDS that have bubbled up over the years, the basic formula of Perceptol (barring specific chelation agents or anti-stain addenda) seems likely to be compliant with 2,466,423 - which expired, conveniently enough, a couple of years before Perceptol came to the market.