Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos Used to Generate AI Images for Client So Photographer Never Shoots Again

Re: Photos Used to Generate AI Images for Client So Photographer Never Shoots Again

Possible controlling images back in the film days might have been a bit easier as the single frame of film can be controlled to some degree by holding with some degree of control "the" physical item/object. This has completely changed due to the nature of data/"information" and data based images as data can be transmitted, flexed and much more in ways previously not possible.

~Or why information can be monetized and gained monetary/material value..

Curious times ahead for images, moving images and more...
    Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    I know. LOL. laws, police, all of that is to protect capital, it has nothing to do with regular people.

I've worked for people who are thieves and cheats and they are slicker than a greased pig in a mud patch (the laws worked for them).
    Getting back to the AI thing, if it is 10,000 different swatches that are melded together to form new images there is no way copyright law is going to be able to help anyways, it's a joke.
    I would venture to guess than very few people on this website, other photography specialty websites like photo.net, folks who post images on instagram, flicker Facebook &c even bother to register their work,
    with the copyright office so even if it was used to make one of these AI composites they don't have a legal leg to stand on without the registration.
    ... besides if you read the fine print, technically if someone posts work to Facebook or Instagram it becomes the property of Meta, and they register don't register it either.

probably less trouble to have a algorithmic shoot anyways, models are always on time, never complain, and aren't full of themselves .. and you don't have to deal with property owners set designers lighting crews &c. who cares if it's all "photographic illustration" that's all photography is anyways ..

Re: Photos Used to Generate AI Images for Client So Photographer Never Shoots Again

Soon we can sit at home at our computer to produce photos of everything. It won't even pay to have a camera.

Looking at new technology as an opportunity might be a more fruitful perspective.....
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I always have captured reality as I see it

and I prefer people I know as models

I will use what I have now and will never run out of film of any size

I do like my NIKON Z fc with my new nifty 40 which is 60 on crop

My INSTAX printers work well with it

Sharp and great color

My old home is cracking from the cold snap...

right now

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Soon we can sit at home at our computer to produce photos of everything. It won't even pay to have a camera.
    Tin Can

Having been involved with technology old/new/to be.. personally outlook and perspective on technology is lesser optimistic.. as technology tends to be neither good/bad, it much depends on how humanoids apply technology... which is directly tied to humanoid behavior, current maturity of humanoid and all related to that.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Looking at new technology as an opportunity might be a more fruitful perspective.....

The U.S. Copyright office has ruled that copyright can only be vested in humans, ruling out AI generated work. I'm not sure how this will stand in the future. Though the U.S. Copyright office is...strange.

My wife's an artist, and she's been playing with several of these systems (they vary in their style/emphasis) to see what they can do, both with pure description and with her own originals as a source. We were discussing it the other evening, and wondered if the AI builders were the same as the contributors to Photoshop in respect to authorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Having been involved with technology old/new/to be.. personally outlook and perspective on technology is lesser optimistic.. as technology tends to be neither good/bad, it much depends on how humanoids apply technology... which is directly tied to humanoid behavior, current maturity of humanoid and all related to that.

Bernice
    Sure. If you're feeling pessimistic, maybe check out Rutger Bregman's Humanity: A Hopeful History.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Possible controlling images back in the film days might have been a bit easier as the single frame of film can be controlled to some degree by holding with some degree of control "the" physical item/object. This has completely changed due to the nature of data/"information" and data based images as data can be transmitted, flexed and much more in ways previously not possible.

~Or why information can be monetized and gained monetary/material value..

Curious times ahead for images, moving images and more...
    Bernice
    yes Bernice in some respects it was easier in film days, but not if your client was a grifter, if there is no "good faith" ... there's nothing.
    the question is if my holographic wife is copyrighted! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-expenses.html
    Last edited by jnantz; 24-Dec-2022 at 04:33.

I will give up my 2 good friends the day I die

Life size. Plastica was first, her sister came later

They both need new clothes and wigs

Best models ever!

A Plastica Early by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

2021 Hell-O-Ween 1 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Patterson View Post
    The U.S. Copyright office has ruled that copyright can only be vested in humans, ruling out AI generated work. I'm not sure how this will stand in the future. Though the U.S. Copyright office is...strange.

My wife's an artist, and she's been playing with several of these systems (they vary in their style/emphasis) to see what they can do, both with pure description and with her own originals as a source. We were discussing it the other evening, and wondered if the AI builders were the same as the contributors to Photoshop in respect to authorship.
    That makes sense. Since it's a program, more than one person could come up with the same resultant image using the same computer app. Which "inventor-originator" should get the copyright?