Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Re: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Mal Paso,

Nice. Great when olde can be salvaged and made useful. Ektanon projection lenses sound perfect. I'm enjoying hot rodding my optical spots, I see great promise with these. Literally pinpoint accent lighting possible. Very versatile too.

Broncolor Impaspot Finally Behaving CFV16 EI 100 F13.5 Indicated by Nokton48, on Flickr

Finally the Broncolor Impaspot is starting to Behave! This is the entire field, looks even to me, modeling lamp is not accurate due to ventilation holes in the frosted S80 Dome. Required for this unit. Broncolor Strobe Meter indicated EI 100 F13.5. Set that on the 60mm C T* Distagon, this is the result. Good enough to start using I think. Still looking for original Impaspot Accessories in good condition. CFV16 Digital Back F13.5. Broncolor Impact S80 Monolight 600J !50W Modeling gets hot!
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

The Tri Lite modeling is very uneven as it shines through the flashtube. It's a 250W MR16 and has a blower. The flash looks even though.

Daniel, I'm sure you'll find all the pieces if you keep an eye out. We are the only 2 buying this stuff and I'm into a different brand.

Quote Originally Posted by mal paso View Post
    we are the only 2 buying this stuff and i'm into a different brand.
    lol

― Mark Twain

Digital V System 30mm to 120mm by Nokton48, on Flickr

Using a heavy duty FOBA Fitting, I bolted a Broncolor C200 Pulso Monolight 1600J, directly above my FOBA Sweep Table, pointed straight down. A Pulso Beauty Dish, with Honeygrids Pulso Grid attached. I think beautiful light that I leave set up all the time. Also at 45 left an Impact S80 600J Monolight with homemade 12 inch Beauty Light with Grid. My wide to medium short Digital Hasselblad system. Which integrates very well with Olde Broncolor, up and down power in 1/10 stop increments necessary with digital. I used a mirror on a flexishaft to reflect from off camera right. Catches light from the baby beauty light. 30mm Distagon, 40mm Distagon, 50mm Distagon, 80mm Planar, 100mm Planar, and 120mm S-Planar. A short to medium full set, all roughly the same vintages. More than I can carry around, but it's here to use. Also 2 of 4 Lithium Battery Packs, Type CF Adapter, and seven 32G Micro Cards. I now prefer this late model Magnifying Hood, and the special CFV16 Acute Focusing Screen, which makes a huge deal with critical focus with this thing. It is -very- critical and DOF seems to be less than usual with this system. But all is good here. The Rubber Eyecup came from the Ukraine, a Hartblei 1006 Magnifying Hood Eyecup. Fits all my Blad Finders, also came from many Kiev 60 Meter Prisms. So I loaded up on them. Recommended.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 24-Feb-2024 at 11:04.

― Mark Twain

My Portrait Lighting Downscaled 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

25 years ago I studied Tim Kelly's lighting techniques. This is my 2021 retro version, scaled down quite a bit, no giant softboxes. But the same lighting principles apply just the same. Here's the scheme. A Broncolor Impact 21 strobe on full power, set at extreme camera left 90 degrees, providing an overall fill to the set and lighting the backround completely. The fill light modifier is a Broncolor Impaflex 60x60 softbox. Exposure measured incident F16 on full power. FILL F16 A Broncolor Impact 41 strobe on full power, set at 45 degrees camera left. Provides main light on the subject. The light modifier is a Broncolor Impaflex 60x60 softbox. Exposure measured incident F32 on full power. MAIN F32. A Broncolor Impact 21 strobe on full power camera camera light and up high. Impact reflector with Impact Grid. A tight circular pattern tightly aimed above the subject (no light on the subject) and creating a lighter background area to the upper right of the frame. Exposure on background measured incident F22 on full power. GRID SPOT F32. Finally a 36" round silver reflector just off camera right 45 degrees and "feathered" Since we read left to right, this makes a "dark, light, dark, light" across the frame that I find attractive. What I'd like is something interesting to look at in every part of the frame. Not there yet but it's a start. Exposed F32 4x5 TMAX100 Makiflex Automatic #2 210mm f6.8 Kern Apo Repro lens. Also shot some Ilford FP4+ 6x6cm Linhof Black Rollex film magazine. Man these early wind knob Rollex's are a good match for the Makis. Sheet film developed in an 8x10 Unicolor Unidrum using one-shot D23 diluted 1:1 ten minutes at 72F on a Unicolor Uniroller. Sony Nex digital test (way cheaper than Fujiroid!)

― Mark Twain