Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Re: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    These Broncolor P70 Barndoors arrived today from China. Quality is very good! So I am making an offer for three more, $100 each. Broncolor brand Barndoors seem to be $350-$650 each on the used market. I think these will be more than adequate for my uses.

I've seen these advertised on eBay a few times...they seem to be a straight out counterfeit of the Bron ones. Do you have a genuine one to compare it to?

I managed to pick up a used 4-door Bron set recently for around 50€...I was pretty happy with that find.

Hi dxp,

Nope I don't have any Broncolor P70 Barndoors to use to compare. Fifty Euros is a great find, I've not seen priced in that range.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

I bought a studio for the reflectors. The 16" reflector with 4 way barn doors and filter holder was worth what I paid for the lot. It's So Nice when you need a light and you have snoots, grids, spots, reflectors with barn doors, softboxes, umbrellas..... Still want a fresnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    I bought a studio for the reflectors. The 16" reflector with 4 way barn doors and filter holder was worth what I paid for the lot. It's So Nice when you need a light and you have snoots, grids, spots, reflectors with barn doors, softboxes, umbrellas..... Still want a fresnel.
    Yes this is the way to do it. I've bought a couple of lighting kits this year purely to get the reflectors and accessories included with them. Saved a whole bunch of money that way.

In one kit I received a pair of essentially brand new P70 reflectors, barn doors, a few grids, and an umbrella, for 100€—around 10% of the cost of buying new. The seller originally tried to give it to me for free—the studio flashes in the kit he had advertised as working, but all three turned out to be faulty when tested. He told me I could just have the lot, but I insisted on paying him something for it given the great condition of the accessories.

I agree with you Guys, surely that's the way to do it. I'll keep what I need on my radar and see what turns up. I have everything I could ever want for my Impact system. In Pulso I also have everything I could ever want, except for a few more P70 Barndoors. The ones I see on Ebay are battered, missing pieces, and/or really expensive. So the search continues...........
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain