Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a new-to-me lens in a Prontor Pro shutter, complete with a 3 stage mechanical shutter release cable. The shutter seems to be in great condition, but the release cable isn't operating properly: It's intended to be able to move the shutter through 3 stages: fully closed, shutter open with aperture at current setting, or shutter and aperture fully open. Currently, when you move the selector into the 'shutter open, aperture stopped down' option, nothing happens. And when you go into the third 'shutter and aperture fully open' setting, it actually only opens the shutter, and doesn't open the aperture.

Essentially, the throw of the cable release isn't long enough. I've confirmed this using a standard cable release, which can move the shutter through all those modes with ease; and by taking the back panel off of the release cable to observe the mechanism in use. I'm fairly mechanically inclined and would love to give fixing this mechanism a go, and I have some thoughts on how to go about it - but it would be fantastic to see a fully working one, to confirm or correct my assumptions. If anyone would be willing to share pictures of the inner workings of a functional one, I'd be deeply grateful. A picture of mine can be found here for reference, and it is marked "Made in West Germany", which may help to date it, somewhat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RC front.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	232858

Thanks for reading!