Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darkroom Sink - Delta 1 TRP (Temperature Regulated Processing) Package

Re: Darkroom Sink - Delta 1 TRP (Temperature Regulated Processing) Package

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    Does anyone here have a chiller for cold water supply? In my place I have no problem, water is rarely above 60°F in the hottest months. I've visited many lovely places that, cold water isn't cold.
    Duolab-go look at my posts about my building my darkroom and look at my homemade water chiller.

I have a Delta 1 from c. 1996 which is in beautiful shape still. I wax it about once a year with carnauba car wax, and I'm studious about chemicals. I have no control panel or water temp control. The hot water has developed a very slow drip, which appears to be unfixable, and Delta told me last year that they carry different faucets now, that are much better. I just don't have the money for one now. but the sink is terrific. A friend made me a stand.

If you're going to put a vertical print washer in, be sure to build the stand to support the sink well there -- those washers weigh a ton.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    Duolab-go look at my posts about my building my darkroom and look at my homemade water chiller.
    MFM,

Welcome to LFF BTW. I like your ice chiller. I may make one for myself
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    Darkroom Reno II No 3 by Nokton48, on Flickr

I bought this Delta Sink out of a friend's garage for Fifty Dollars. Made the supporting stand out of 2x4's. Had a local handyman do the water install. Happy Happy

Darkroom Sink Base 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Great find and nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. Delta 1 appears to produce quality products, however, after more than a week of attempts I have been unable to talk to anyone at the company to ask questions about the sink with TRP package. While I like the apparent simplicity, ease of installation, pre-plumbing and quadruple water outlets, the idea of dropping 1500 non-refundable dollars on a non-returnable product through a company that I cannot get in touch does not feel like a logical decision. That being said, I will likely spend around the same amount purchasing a sink, separate temperature control package, plumbing and faucets in an attempt to take a more DIY approach. If anyone has more (or different) experience with Delta 1, I would love to hear it.
    Kind of feels like a vaporware product. Do these sink even exist? Has anyone seen one? If you ordered it would anyone at the company know what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    Kind of feels like a vaporware product. Do these sink even exist? Has anyone seen one? If you ordered it would anyone at the company know what to do?
    Update: I spoke to customer service (it's a small company) who was very helpful in providing more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    MFM,

Welcome to LFF BTW. I like your ice chiller. I may make one for myself
    Dan, I've been on here since at least 2017! I'm the same MrFujicaman from Rangefinder Forum.

The Delta people are great. I had their temperature mixing valve, bought it about 27 years ago. For years, they had rebuild kits available for it, I just never ordered a kit. By the time I finally needed to replace internal parts to stop some slow leaks, they said they could no longer get replacement parts. They offered to rebuild mine using their current mixing valve, which is quite different. They quoted me $200 something. I sent the old one in, and they returned it with their new valve, installed in my piping with the old temperature gauge. they declined my multiple offers of payment, even for the return postage. Pretty amazing customer service.