Hello,
I want to ask a question to see if anyone might have answers or thoughts. I have a Schnieder 75mm 1:8 Super-Angulon, which is exhibiting very strong vignetting on 4x5 film. It's most definitely a lenss made for 4x5, everything on Schneider's website makes that clear. I am using an Intrepid 4x5 camera and a recessed board to be able to focus correctly (because the camera doesnt like 75mm without having a recessed lens board). I know that the image is in focus; film tests prove that. And I know that there are no visible movements; no swing, no rise, nothing that can be detected by visual checks. But the vignetting on this lens is so strong, with about half of the image frame covered by vignetting, and the corners in pure black.

I am curious why would a lens that is clearly designed for 4x5 give such vignetting on that format? What am I missing? Is this something wrong with the Intrepid camera itself that I am missing? I am confussed, disheartened, and obviously saddened that I might have to just write off this lens as worthless....