Thread: Original aluminum case for Linhof Master Technika

Question Original aluminum case for Linhof Master Technika

Hi to all!

Happy owner of a Linhof Master Technika 4x5 with 3 Schneider lenses I am now looking for the original aluminum case for this camera

https://www.pdf-manuals.com/linhof-a...57-1305-manual

Asked Linhof in Germany but the item is no longer available since several years... Asked around but Linhof dealers don't have anymore this stuff.

Someone can help me? Do you know some address where possibly this case may be found?
    This case may be custom realised as well but it's important to get the dividers number, their dimensions and other features useful for assembly a similar case with internal partitions optimised for Linhof Technika and relevant lens boards and accessories. Does these characteristics are somewhere available?

Many thanks for your help!

Guglielmo

Re: Original aluminum case for Linhof Master Technika

I have a hammered finish OE Linhof case, fitted in red inside for a 5X7 Early Kardan

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...dan-Color-5-x7

Linhof Kardon 5X7 with Linhof tipod and dolly by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

I have that case, Linhof's number 022457. It has a small plaque showing the maker and the maker's website: https://rox.de

I hope this helps. I think it's too bad Linhof stopped offering this product.
    David

These Linhof cases are really well built and aesthetically appealing.
    Fine to have for studio or shorter trips.
    But I feel much more confident and way more comfortable with modern Peli cases.

Well, there's one sitting in a dusty corner in my basement. Never had much use for it myself. I think my Linhof IV came in it, if I'm remembering correctly.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Thank you for your thoughts!

And thanks to David for suggesting to contact Rox, the original manufacturer. I did it but they said that the case is too old so no plans available in the factory! Actually no willingness to care about customers mainly considering that they have a special department for custom made cases orders!

Such a pity that Linhof discontinued this stuff: the Technika is always in production and relevant users are numerous worldwide. Anyway...

My last chance is to get some detailed pictures from kind LF Forumer showing internal dividers and layout in order to copy that design.

Or someone knows if may be some firm who may take care of this case manufacturing?

By the way Corran your Linhof case is it perhaps on sale?
    Should this your intention please post some pics. The Technika IV should have more or less the same Master Technika dimensions I guess if 4x5 format.

Thank you again for helpful suggestions!

Guglielmo

My Calumet C1, a very metal camera, came with an aluminum case for only the camera

No room for anything else

I lined it with coroplast, no dust makers!

It doubles for 11X14 DDS

Anything handmade can be hand made again

I suggest you seek with cash when you are here 30 days and gain access to Buy and Sell forums
    Tin Can

Suspect these aluminum outer cases were made by Rimowa in Germany.
    https://www.rimowa.com/us/en/home

Similar aluminum case was offered by Hasselblad as# 612. Still have two of these left over from the Hasselblad days. They have held up good, but the OEM interior set up is not ideal for a larger Hasselblad system. The adjustments are sorta ok and limited adjustability.

Bernice

You can order the stock ROx case and add inserts from their website, sad but if they wont take your money someone in china will... Custom Case: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...1305LZO9Ng&s=p

I have an old 1960's Technika hammer finish case and I believe it was a ROX case as I have seen them use the same hammered aluminum finish in other camera cases. The style of the more recent cases has changed a bit. I also have a leather case from the 1950's but the velvet is dissolving and needs to be replaced.

I have two Linhof cases. One for the Master Technika 4x5” and one for the Technika 5x7”. I bought both those aluminium cases of ebay.de where they show up now and then. If I remember correctly they were going for between 120 and 180 US$.