Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Issue with Jobo Process operation - Lift arm

Re: Issue with Jobo Process operation - Lift arm

Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    I just ran across this thread - I recently bought a used Jobo and it has what looks similar to the discontinued Catlabs red unit. Maybe this is what catlabs based their design on?

Attachment 231660
    I think that is a early version. I think the red version is the 3rd iteration from Catlabs. I would like to have a nice one that is problem free. I just put my hand in the water. Seems silly that Jobo can't come up with something.

That makes sense - it’s a really simple device, I can’t imagine it would be hard to reproduce.

I have a much smaller Jobo, CPE2, without a lift but it seems to me that removing the tilting loads from the machine completely would be a good idea.

One could make a frame, even a sheet of 15mm ply would work, on the back of the bench with a rotating-arm attached to it. The pivot of the rotating-arm should line up with the pivot axis of the drum. The lift of the Jobo can have a loop of string or wire attached at the end opposite the pivot. The loop is attached to an outrigger on the rotating arm, over the centreline of the Jobo tank. The rotating-arm is lifted by a cable upwards, over a pulley on the non-moving frame, downwards through a pulley attached under the bench, then via another pulley down to an operating-lever pivoted about a hinge screwed to the floor at the back of the bench. Moving the operating-lever down with your foot will rotate the rotating-arm and hence the Jobo lift. Ideally the Jobo lift should be supported near the pivot point too, but as the two pivot points, Jobo lift and rotating-arm, are co-axial this will depend only the possibilities for connecting the two moving parts mechanically.