Quote Originally Posted by KingTigerII View Post
After Dan's comment I started looking and the lenses look similar - but I found nothing of the same design. I think you're on the money though.

Now, is this lens considered a Dagor? I read in the Lens Vade Mecum that the Dopel Anastigmat Series III were later renamed to Dagor, but I saw conflicting results on here saying that many times people just falsely claim that Goerz lenses are Dagors. This has two groups of cemented elements, but I cannot tell the layout of the individual elements.

I apologize for the questions, I'm just into researching and learning this odd ball stuff. I picked this lens up for like $50.
Hmm. Dagors and similar lenses are made up of two cells. Each cell is a cemented triplet. The cells are usually identical, i.e., the lens is symmetrical.

Yes, people do mistaken claim that Goerz lenses of other design types are Dagors. I was once sold a dialyte type as a Dagor. But Doppel Anastigmat Ser. III is the original way that Dagor was spelled.

OP, if you want to learn more about these old crocks, visit this sticky https://www.largeformatphotography.i...mainly)-lenses in the Lenses and Lens Accessories section and click on the link in the first post.