Hi all,

I'm new to large format. I recently picked up a 4x5 Linhof Color Kardan 45s. I'm looking for a 180mm lens. I specifically shoot photos of people, and primarily in the studio-portraiture, dance,

I really love the look of 180mm lenses with the 4x5. But, frankly, I am a bit lost as to which to pick. I would love any recommendations, specifically in regards to portrait work. I have read the large format lenses for portraiture page, which I found really helpful (does most of the information offered for 150mm/210mm lenses apply to 180mm of the same make? Or is that making too large an assumption?). Still, I feel a bit lost and daunted by the decision.

The three lenses that I have found myself drawn to are:
180mm Schneider Symmar-S f5.6
180mm Fujinon-W f5.6
Or, a 180mm Schneider Xenar. I love the look of the Xenar in the info page about lenses for portraiture, but finding example shots from this lens has been less straightforward and there seem to be several different iterations of it. Frankly, I feel a bit in over my head.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! I would love to hear others' experiences choosing lenses for portraiture.

(I apologize if I'm asking something that's been asked and answered before. I found a lot of 180mm threads, but most were for all-purpose or landscape shooting.)