Thread: Componon S: help needed with reassembly

Componon S: help needed with reassembly

Hi! I disassembled my Componon S 100mm to try and bring back the stops clicking. During disassembly I noticed that a part seemed to be out of place or useless. I can't make sense of it. I am pretty sure it really was were I found it. One of the picture is showing were the part (ie in between what parts) the intriguing part was found. If someone can tell me if it really belongs in the lens and confirm placement that would be very appreciated. Maybe a previous owner messed up and left the part from another lens there.
    Many thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4482.jpg   IMG_4481.jpg  

Photographer

Re: Componon S: help needed with reassembly

Never been inside one, but that looks like a spring clip perhaps to hold a lens element in place. There’s a tool to go in those two holes to pull them together so they can fit through a smaller opening.

My Componon-S 100 has a lever on the outside that turns the detents on and off. Can’t tell if your has such a lever.
    Keith Pitman

Re: Componon S: help needed with reassembly

My 100mm Companon-S (looks like the same vintage) has also been lacking f-stop clicks for quite some time, and I occasionally think about getting them back. Looking at your second image...I'm guessing that the bent spring piece (located about 10:00 just inside the rim of the lefthand side assembly) would be the culprit which would need a bit of re-bending. Is this correct?

Also - please let us know if you've figured out the reassembly process...and whether or not, now armed with this new knowledge, you might try this operation again? Or would you now approach this differently based on this experience? Many Thanks!

Plus a note about this vintage of 100mm Companon-S. Don't know about yours...but I really love the way mine renders.