Thread: Ilford 98 ft X 20" Paper Rolls

Ilford 98 ft X 20" Paper Rolls

BH stocks several, the cheapest is 'Rapid' for machine printing

30% more is 'Normal'

Any users of long rolls? Any advice?

Ilford Multigrade Express PF MGE.44M Black & White Variable Contrast RC (Resin Coated) Pearl Paper Roll - 20"x98'

Ilford MULTIGRADE RC Deluxe Paper (Pearl, 20" x 98' Roll)

I will be contact printing 14X36" X-Ray
    Tin Can

Re: Ilford 98 ft X 20" Paper Rolls

Took a look just now, see that MG Express PF has vanished from the Ilford website - perhaps discontinued. As the data sheet is no longer available from the website I'll attach a copy that I saved - hope it will be useful. Note that the section on reciprocity (p. 6) says that the paper is designed for exposures of less than 1 second - might need to do some calibration for exposure and contrast control with longer exposures. If you try it please let us know how it works out.

Multigrade_RC_express_tech_sheet Nov 2013.pdf

Re: Ilford 98 ft X 20" Paper Rolls

Thanks Oren

I read the data Sheet carefully, definetly way too fast processing. The very short Lamping is not what I need.

I will buy the more expensive option as I am very familiar with that paper.

These will be tests....as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Took a look just now, see that MG Express PF has vanished from the Ilford website - perhaps discontinued. As the data sheet is no longer available from the website I'll attach a copy that I saved - hope it will be useful. Note that the section on reciprocity (p. 6) says that the paper is designed for exposures of less than 1 second - might need to do some calibration for exposure and contrast control with longer exposures. If you try it please let us know how it works out.

Multigrade_RC_express_tech_sheet Nov 2013.pdf
    Tin Can