Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s your most “unpopular” opinion about LF?

Re: What’s your most “unpopular” opinion about LF?

Not every individual has the ability to Pre-visualize. The ability to do this is rooted in spatial ability within the mind-brain. For those born with this gift of spatial ability, it still needs to be developed. For those without this ability, they will need to develop different means, methods, tools to achieve some degree of pre-visualization.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by pdmoylan View Post
    Previsualization is a reality. One chooses both tripod placement and choice of lens after considering the scene visually before set up, no? Having said that, a corollary to Vaughn's single lens concept is to choose one lens to work with when venturing into new territory and explore forcing oneself to see with that AOV. It imposes a discipline which inevitably will provide s freedom of visual acuity. Perhaps compare it to choice of golf club to perform in a certain way, or to learn bird songs to accentuate one's ability to identify a species (a somewhat useless skill but for he fact that I cannot help myself as it is innate, being musically inclined).

_?_ Flat field lenses should not be used to render image subjects that are 3D, myth or fact _?_

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Nodda Duma View Post
    As a lens designer… Most truths about optics that fly in the face of optical myths. I don’t remember specific examples, but it happens from time to time.

-Jason

Significant amount of Freud's work has been dis-proven or significantly altered. Much of what Freud published would never pass current rigor of Scientific paper publishing today.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Ah, but composing is opening one's senses up to nature at its fullest, and every moment is divisive. Whoops, decisive. Where's Freud?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    I also use my 35mm camera(s) the same way I use a view camera. It’s just that since I’m almost always under low light conditions I don’t see anywhere near as well on a 4x5 ground glass as I do through a small format viewfinder, so LF focusing for me has always been hard without an aid of some sort.
    If the LSX45 has live view as described on the LARGESENSE Web page, even at native ISO 50, your problem will be solved. Despite some visual noise, manual focus is easy to achieve in low ambient light using the LCD screen. That's been my experience with the D810 at native ISO 64.

What would be really nifty is if this thing could be combined with the 4x5 AF system that other guy came up with. I think it’s somewhere on here.
    This is becoming a big issue in cinematography. The conventional position is that "cinema cameras" continue to be manual focus by design and that autofocus is inferior. Give it another five years, and I think that autofocus will be standard in cameras used for professional filmmaking, but not without a lot of bellyaching first
    Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Significant amount of Freud's work has been dis-proven or significantly altered. Much of what Freud published would never pass current rigor of Scientific paper publishing today.

Bernice
    What he did accomplish was to put labels on human emotional processes -- so that we were finally able to start talking about them rationally. Kind of like the first blind man describing an elephant from touching it -- not too accurate, but at least a start. Even Darwin didn't actually know what was going on regarding evolution -- he didn't understand the various processes involved in evolution -- but he sure got the ball rolling.

Also, the term pre-visualization makes no sense.

In some ways "post-visualization" makes more sense.

multiplex

gazing in someone else's navel is the same as walking a mile in their shoes ..

Also, the term pre-visualization makes no sense.
    It is a fancy word for imagining what you would like your image to look like. Design might be a better word.