Hi,

I have had the desire to get into ULF panoramic photography for awhile. I have never developed my film and normally send it to a lab for development. With ULF, I am well aware that it is next to impossible to send a ULF film to a lab. To that end, I am thinking about setting up a darkroom space in this project as well.

I presume that many of you will tell me to rethink about it, and I have. but hey I only live once, so I am going to follow the Regret Minimisation method to minimise my regret before I die of old age.

To that end, I have acquired a large enough lenses to cover 900mm-ish IC. The long end is about 43 inches.

Knowing about how my mind works, I will push the boundary again even if I settle for less. To that end, if I go 8x20, I will probably want something bigger later so I might as well go biggest now. I am thinking about commissioning a 12x30 camera with long enough bellow for my longest lens focused to 10 metres out. Will also get a 8x20 back just in case 12x30 films become hard to get. I will start contacting Canham to see if 12x30 is a format that Kodak can even cut. If not, I might step it down closer to 12x20 or 10x24.

I will go talk to Camham, Chamonix, and Ritter to see if it is even feasible to build such a camera with the desired bellow length.

From your experience,
1. which camera design will be the most suitable for 1.4m of bellow? The camera needs to be portable field camera....
2. how should I develop the film? I can always get big enough tray but is it possible to do drum based processing? JOBO can only go as big as 20x24. Anyone have experience DYI a drum solution?
3. How do you print anything of this size? I shoot both BW and colour neg.

What other difficulties do I have to overcome beyond the above?

please advise.