Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken lift of JOBO CPE 2+ (Common question)

Broken lift of JOBO CPE 2+ (Common question)

Good day.

There’s unfortunately a relatively common problem with the JOBO CPE-2 lifts. The plastic female circular pieces (see attached) that holds the two lift rods break. It’s damn near impossible to get individual parts for it. And those that are selling the lift “for parts” have this broken too! 😂

Has anyone thought of a clever way to repair besides glue and wire as shown here? Perhaps a 3D printer? Thanks for looking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0A05D02B-5D2C-41C5-AFCD-B0E32B5F6E9F.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	226293

Re: Broken lift of JOBO CPE 2+ (Common question)

You might check with Omer at Catlabs.com

Yep, I did buddy. His solution? Buy a new lift. (Can’t blame the guy) ��

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsmac View Post
    Good day.

There’s unfortunately a relatively common problem with the JOBO CPE-2 lifts. The plastic female circular pieces (see attached) that holds the two lift rods break. It’s damn near impossible to get individual parts for it. And those that are selling the lift “for parts” have this broken too! ��

Has anyone thought of a clever way to repair besides glue and wire as shown here? Perhaps a 3D printer? Thanks for looking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0A05D02B-5D2C-41C5-AFCD-B0E32B5F6E9F.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	226293
    JB Weld? Possibly a very small SS worm drive hose clamp could be fitted over in place of the wire. The plastic is ABS, glue by itself would never hold. The roller black plastic bases crack very easily, the part design is bad, notches in notch sensitive plastic, it's a no no.

Find a shop that sells USA made worm drive hose clamps, the Chinese made ones are junk!

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    JB Weld? Possibly a very small SS worm drive hose clamp could be fitted over in place of the wire. The plastic is ABS, glue by itself would never hold. The roller black plastic bases crack very easily, the part design is bad, notches in notch sensitive plastic, it's a no no.

Find a shop that sells USA made worm drive hose clamps, the Chinese made ones are junk!
    On 2nd look you would need to remove too much plastic to insert a hose clamp.

I used a lot of paste epoxy (PC7 I think, similar to JBWeld) to fix mine. The epoxy won't really stick to the ABS, but it bonds to itself and holds it shape, so if you build enough layers around enough edges it works. I ended up making about four or five layers and it lasted for a few years. Eventually the motor died, but that is a different story. As I recall, the challenge was finding a way of building up the material without interfering in it laying flat.

Ahhhhh…. So you don’t bond the actual crack but build a casing over the casing? Like a tomb? Can I pick this up at a home big box store? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsmac View Post
    Ahhhhh…. So you don’t bond the actual crack but build a casing over the casing? Like a tomb? Can I pick this up at a home big box store? Thank you!
    Yes, that is correct, the epoxy won't fix the crack, but the casing over the whole mechanism prevents it from moving. Its ugly but works. Or it did for me. Most hardware stores should have an epoxy paste. Common brands are PC7 or some (but not all) of the JBWeld products. Just make sure it is a paste or putty, not a liquid. Others may have better suggestions.

You could try some industrial Henkel super glue on the cracks then use fiberglass filled resin, or even lay glass cloth and epoxy over that. If Jobo had used a glass filled ABS it would have helped, but after all the years and chemicals........

Lachlan 717

JOBO rule number one: never attempt to use the lift as it was intended (note I did fuse “designed”…)

ALWAYS lift the tank itself, rather than using the lift arm. There are some articles on how to make an attachment that goes over the ends of the arms that allow you to lift them in unison.

http://processorparts.blogspot.com/2...0-for.html?m=1
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky