Hello LF friends! This is my first post altough i read the forum a lot over the years!
I’m Marcos fro Brazil. I did a lot of 35mm, 120 and was starting good on 4x5 but ilness made me stop my life for recovery last seven years.
Now i’m on a good shape again and i had a bitter surprise when tried to use my Jobo ATL-1000 (magnificent machine).
Thng is the progrem selection switch has two rows of contacts, when i rotated the knob I’ve heard a crackling. Obviously something broke inside. Since I’m an eletronics technician I’ve opened the key and one of the rows of contacts was smashed up,
HEREs the question: i know that the two rows have an sort of “asymmetry” in order to provide the sixteen programs quesrion is what? Each of The rows had 5 contacts, the one that remained has all minus the middle on. Can somebody help me sending me info or a photo or something to help me fix this? I have fourteen rolls and a bunch of 4x5 sheets to develop, c41, bw and E6 (films that I’ve clicked during my illnesses recovery) and i need to fix this machine! If i had the money i would certainly buy a new head for theATL but e economy in Brazil crashed completely and importation taxes are about 60% plus state taxes, i’m telling you people, this time, its inviable. A 50 dollar part would end up costing about half of an average worker salary.
I have plenty of gold plated contacts from good potentiometers and i can easyly reconstruct the smashed contacts but i need to know what of the 5 contacts is non present on the missing row.
I know that the programs are selected by time, temperature baths something like it. I tought i can improvise with switches but somebody can help me on that? Im desperate. I’ve posted on facebook Jobo groups but no answer. Please help if you can! Thank you! (Ps i can send photos if someone need to help me)
Marcos