Thread: Adapting Horseman bellows lenshood to Sinar

Adapting Horseman bellows lenshood to Sinar

Some time in the past, I saw posted a picture of a part/adapter that locked/attached onto the top of the front standard of a Sinar and allowed a Horseman front bellows lens hood to be also attached to it... thus being able to use a Horseman bellows lens hood on a Sinar. Does anyone know if this part/adapter is commercially available? If not it would be great to view a picture of this adapter enabling me to machine a similar one. Just looking for not having to reinvent/design this seemingly simple part/adapter from scratch. At the time I printed the picture of this part/adapter but misplaced the print.
    thanks

Re: Adapting Horseman bellows lenshood to Sinar

Is this what you're looking for? It's not really clear to me how it works, but I trust Kumar.

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...n+bellows+hood

That or use the Sinar bellows to lens shade clips, which works without a lot of fuss. The 7mm hex rod allows using the Sinar filter holder if needed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sinar Filter rod, bellows shade & holder.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	225711

Another way is to use the Sinar cold shoe that fits into the slots on the sides of the 4x5 frame standard. to adapt some other kind of compendium lens shade.
    Or make a part that fits into these slots to adapt to the compendium lens shade of your choice.

Bernice

Drew Wiley

Sinar and Horseman bellows are interchangeable. I use an old Sinar bellows as my compendium shade using the rod and clip system shown above, plus a little "barn door" front flap Sinar also offered.
    One problem arises when the same hex rod is used for the older Norma system, where the rod fits in at a diagonal rather than the normal orientation. No big deal. I just filed some extra flats on it, and now it works either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bodine View Post
    Is this what you're looking for? It's not really clear to me how it works, but I trust Kumar.

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...n+bellows+hood
    Many thanks for the post... Now that I know what the adapter/part looks like, looks actually quite easy to machine the adapter using my mini-mill.