Hello,

I would like to announce the MEKINER LL-2 film and print processor is now available for sale!

Overall Capability

It is a film and print processor for Black & White and Color in virtually all formats: 35mm, 120/220, 4x5", 8x10", and Ultra Large Format (up to 20x24").

There is support for all JOBO 2500, Expert series, and 3000 print drums.

The JOBO 2850 and 3063 print drums for 16x20" and 20x24" prints (or ultra large format films) will require the LL-2B Large Tank Extension Kit to work with the processor.

This LL-2B extension kit is not for sale yet, final refinements in the design are still being made. I use the prototype extension kit to make my own 16x20" prints.

Portability

When fully assembled, this processor fits snugly in a 12x16" space. FYI, I can legally bring my processor in my luggage when traveling through an airport.

It can be powered by 6 AA batteries or the plug-in rechargeable Li-Ion battery (included with processor).

I have performed 4 to 5 development runs on a single charge, with the heavy JOBO Expert.

Workflow

The processor is controlled by a programmable temperature compensating multi-step process timer.

Once you enter your development times (and temperatures), you simply have to select START, pour in chemicals, wait for the alarm to sound, select STOP, pour out your chemicals, and then repeat.

This workflow applies for every type of process (e.g. B&W, E-6, C-41, RA-4, Pyro).

Custom processing becomes more procedural when the development workflow is the same, and maximum consistency is achieved.

Black and White

For B&W users, the temperature compensation system will calculate compensating development times for different working temperatures.

The temperature compensation system is adjustable. You may input different "temperature coefficients" to suit your particular developer.

The standard temperature coefficient matches the ILFORD time temperature charts.

Temperature compensation can be configured or disabled for not just one but multiple steps in the process timer.

All temperature compensation settings and development times can be saved into "profiles".

You can create development profiles to store all information for a particular process (suited to a certain combination of film, developer, dilution, and temperatures).

This processor is designed to be a scientific instrument to help you test and execute the fine tuning of your development.

I do not view film processing as a standardized process. It must be varied and controlled by the photographer to achieve the desired results.

It is my opinion that this processor is the most ideal for large format B&W work among all processors currently on the market.

Color

Color development will require the use of your own tempered water bath.

Some use a sous-vide or even the Cinestill TCS-1000 for maintaining chemistry temperature.

I have done extensive testing and written high quality color processing procedures into the manual.

Accessories

The processor comes with following much needed accessories (of which more can be ordered):

• Wide-mouth processing bottles, which enable easy pouring directly in and out during processing.
  • Large rinse water bottles, which allow storage of 8 liters (~ 2 gallons) of water within an 8x10" space.
  • Sturdy funnel with hose, which enables pouring of chemicals into JOBO tanks while they are rotating.

Videos

Rotating JOBO Expert: (This is a third party video, not official.)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUvq0S6l...on_share_sheet

Results

Some work from my portfolio archives is currently viewable at:

dereklluisma.com

There are many 4x5" large format color negative and 35mm color slides shown. Every image shown was processed using the processor.

Website

To purchase, view more information, or learn more about current pricing, visit the website:

mekiner.com

This announcement only covers general information. For more extensive details about the processor, I urge you to read the very highly comprehensive manual:

mekiner.com/home/support/manuals.clsp

If you make an order, current turn around times can be up to 6 weeks.

I try to finish the order as soon as possible, so it could arrive far before that. It's a little busy right now.

Final Remarks

I feel that the videos shown aren't satisfactory for me.

It is taking time, but I am filming videos for 4x5" color negative development with the JOBO Expert and color printing with RA-4 (ft. Beseler 45MXII with Dichro DG Head).

I would also like to thank the people who run this forum and the helpful folks who regularly discuss. Reading through many of the LF discussions here contributed to the design and development of the processor.

Sincerely,
Derek Lluisma

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img-sd-081a.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	225254 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img-sd-022b.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	225255 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img-sd-116.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	225253 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TX-007.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	225256