Thread: Alternatives to Nova clips and holders

Alternatives to Nova clips and holders

Hi all,

I have acquired a 2nd hand Nova FB processor which came with 8x10 and 16x20 FB Print holders. Then I went ahead and have purchased a separate Nova Agitation Clip, as I am printing RC as well, however I am not happy with the design of it. It looks like the clip holds the paper by 2 needles which will eventually make 2 holes on the print. Also for test prints etc, I don't have smaller clips to hold test strips or sizes between 8x10 and 16x20.

So my question is, does anybody use any other more practical holder with their processors? Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Fatih

Re: Alternatives to Nova clips and holders

The holes made by the clips are pretty miniscule and close to the edge. If they bother you, you can always trim the print slightly. I don't understand why you think they wouldn't hold a test strip, you just put them on the short side. I regulary process 11x14 with a single clip, using my fingers to grab a corner of the paper to move it from one slot to the next (always rinsing my fingers in a tray of fresh water in between) but you can use two clips for larger sheets if you want to.

If you print with wide borders, you could use spring-loade stainless steel tongs.